• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid Macaws link and pictures

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I am waiting & counting the days that go by.....I WANT TO SEE A BTM/RFM HYBRID!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing:

*EDIT* Does someone want to start a stud service for their male BTM???? I've got the female RFM! LOL

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
This is Maxie our Hy-Buffon's. She is sweet lap girl....loves to snuggle like a kitten.
Maxie is my favorite bird out of all your flock. What a unique bird. She doesn't even look like a hybrid because of her even coloring. May I inquire which breeder you acquired her from?

TITANIS

I am waiting & counting the days that go by.....I WANT TO SEE A BTM/RFM HYBRID!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing:

*EDIT* Does someone want to start a stud service for their male BTM???? I've got the female RFM! LOL
Seriously? I don't believe I have ever heard of this hybrid. I think a hypothetical hybrid of the BTM and RFM would very much resemble a Maui Sunset (B&G/RFM). The throat/facial line area would be somewhat different and the bird a bit smaller but I'm sure it would look a lot like a Maui Sunset in most other respects.

A BTM/RFM hybrid would be a bird to inherit the greatest controversy because of its very existence out of all the hybrid macaws. Both these species are critically endangered in the wild with perilously low numbers. Although it would be interesting to see and certain of the bird's potential beauty, I'm not sure about this hybrid.

Gideon B&G

Moving in
Real Name
David
Here's my dirty, rotten Catalina, Katy :dancing: He's now 21 (or 22..can't remember) and mean as a snake...LOL! I adopted him from Companion Parrots Rescued here in Charlotte almost two years ago. He loves, loves, loves my BG Gideon and even tho he hates everyone, he's very happy here with his girlfriend!!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Katy is just gorgeous! Catalinas are one of my favorite hybrids.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maxie is my favorite bird out of all your flock. What a unique bird. She doesn't even look like a hybrid because of her even coloring. May I inquire which breeder you acquired her from?
She is unique, we got her from a home in Florida where the owner was out of town on business to often to keep her.

Denise

Moving in
Real Name
Denise
I am new to this board but came across your picture of Chaz. My first thought was a hybrid of B&G and RFM. His head shape & beak, feathering around the eye and the color of the eye looks a lot like my RFM. Pretty good-looking guy!

TITANIS

I am new to this board but came across your picture of Chaz. My first thought was a hybrid of B&G and RFM. His head shape & beak, feathering around the eye and the color of the eye looks a lot like my RFM. Pretty good-looking guy!
:welave: Denise! :)

I would to see pics and read about your RFM! :)

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Now this is a spoke in the wheel so to speak. The first time anyone has said differently to a patagonian and blue and gold! This is interesting, not that it makes much difference to Chaz or myself, we love each other and are going to be staying together in this life, but it does make for interesting reading.
Could you post a picture of your bird so we could all see the resemblence? Thank you so much for your input.:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Where would the white eye patch and absolutely no red on the head come in? I don't think he looks like Holly.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hmmm...there is a resemblance..huh?

TITANIS

Hmmm...there is a resemblance..huh?
Yes, huge resemblance in my view. I never subscribed to a single-generation hypothesis for Chaz' pedigree. RFM x B&G (Maui Sunset) look vastly different, though. That's why I still say multi-generation, but we'll never know. :shrug3:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
we could be in our ninetees and still wondering where our Chaz originated from!
He is gorgeous, unique and one of the loves of my life, and that is all that really matters.
I am just honoured that his original owner is pleased he has ended up in my care. We are so going to be enjoying each others company!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
One interesting part of that article about the maui sunset though, is how it stresses that the father influences the look. So what if the dad was RFM, and mom B&G...might explain it? I have no idea how that works, but possible? We love him no matter what he is Ann!:hug8:I think it's kind of cool not to know in a way. Makes him more mysterious.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

She is unique, we got her from a home in Florida where the owner was out of town on business to often to keep her.
Wow..wish I could have found her first..:lol:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That picture of the Maui Sunset looks utterly different from Chaz. No way Chaz is B&G/RFM hybrid strictly, there must be at least one other species in his line most likely being a Patagonian.
I agree.

I think there would be red on the head if it were a one-generation hybrid.

Also, that extended eye ring just says "Patty" to me.

One interesting part of that article about the maui sunset though, is how it stresses that the father influences the look. So what if the dad was RFM, and mom B&G...might explain it? I have no idea how that works, but possible?
Usually, the father influences the female offspring more. This occurs through sex-linked genes. Since Chaz is male, that wouldn't be the case here, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
LOL..too far over my head. HI Zoe!:greet14:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
LOL..too far over my head. HI Zoe!:greet14:
:hehe: I really don't know that much about how it works in parrot hybrids. I just know some basic bird genetics--it's just the chicken breeder in me coming out :lol: Zoe says, "Hi baby!"