• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid Macaws link and pictures

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow. That's the most drop-dead gorgeous thing I've ever seen.

Edited to add:

This is a youngster, yes, Titanis? Can we assume the red is coming in on the head more later?

Last edited:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
This is a youngster, yes, Titanis? Can we assume the red is coming in on the head more later?
I am not sure but you could be right. The lore looks like it's developing a bit of red yet the eyes have cleared out. I have other pictures of this hybrid macaw but I don't want to flood a thread with pics of just one bird...

What's interesting about this particular macaw is that it looks different from other MS hybrids I have seen photos of including the link Carol posted earlier. It is also fairly small in size (same as RFM). This bird was stated as being a Maui Sunset. Carol could have a good point about what species
the parent is being important for the appearance of the progeny, given two specific species. Hybrids are not a major interest of mine but I do love the Mauis and the Camelots a lot.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics, this macaw is indeed extremely attractive and a nice compact size as well. We seem to have very similar tastes. :)

Now it's my turn to ask. Someone please tell me what kind of hybrid is in the foreground of this pic?

Attachments

Last edited:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Chaz is an eight year old hybrid Macaw.
Only been guessed at but a few experts who have been interested have all come up with the same answer.
Patagonian crossed with a blue and Gold.
He is a very nervous intelligent bird, loves to please, has never ever bitten anyone to our knowledge and I just love him to bits. :hug8:
What is his call like? Patti's do have a very distinct call.

Peggy

birdiesandbullies

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bernadette!
I will post pics later!!

I have a Harlequin male of unknown age and a Ruby female who is jus tover a year (GW and Scarlet cross...)

They are both incredibly intelligent. We adopted the Harlie last year, of unknow age, and he has learned so many new names etc since we have had him that it is amazing and we are at least his fourth home.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I will post pics later!!
I have a Harlequin male of unknown age and a Ruby female who is jus tover a year (GW and Scarlet cross...)

They are both incredibly intelligent. We adopted the Harlie last year, of unknow age, and he has learned so many new names etc since we have had him that it is amazing and we are at least his fourth home.
Please do post some pictures! I would love to see some of the ruby I havent seen one of those for ages.

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Chaz is an eight year old hybrid Macaw.
Only been guessed at but a few experts who have been interested have all come up with the same answer.
Patagonian crossed with a blue and Gold.
He is a very nervous intelligent bird, loves to please, has never ever bitten anyone to our knowledge and I just love him to bits. :hug8:
:omg: Chaz is just beautiful, his face is incredible.

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Here's my dirty, rotten Catalina, Katy :dancing: He's now 21 (or 22..can't remember) and mean as a snake...LOL! I adopted him from Companion Parrots Rescued here in Charlotte almost two years ago. He loves, loves, loves my BG Gideon and even tho he hates everyone, he's very happy here with his girlfriend!!

David,David, David how dare you call my Katy dirty rotten and means as a snake.

Just joined up and imagine finding you here. Katy looks MAVELOUS!!! Of course you know Katy never did wrong in my eyes.

Good too see your fids.:dancing:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Yes, huge resemblance in my view. I never subscribed to a single-generation hypothesis for Chaz' pedigree. RFM x B&G (Maui Sunset) look vastly different, though. That's why I still say multi-generation, but we'll never know. :shrug3:
Maybe its a FRM and a BG AND a patty mix?:confused:

Gideon B&G

Moving in
Real Name
David
Patty, you know what a stinker Katy can be! LOL!! In all honesty, though, he's a fantastic bird...a little (OK, a lot..lol) on the ornery side but I love him just the same!! He's happy here with Gideon and that's really all that matters!

Good to "see" you here!!

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Hi David the internet was down at the library didn't get your hello until now.

Glad to know Katy is doing good, was that Gideon in the picture behind Katy? She's a beauty.

Hope to see more here from you. Keep the pictures coming, you know Katy was always one of my favorites.:cool1:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
sorry only just read you asking what Chaz's sounds like when he calls. This is of course at his loudest first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
It is a loud grating screech! makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, kind of screech. He can drown anything out at a 100 paces and forget what is being said on TV even with the sound well up.
I just tell him it sounds beautiful and he has every right to air his views a few times a day!:rofl:

jinh

Walking the driveway
wow...those hybrids have to be some of the most beautiful birds I've ever seen!