• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid Macaws link and pictures

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
These are my favorite pics of the red boy:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Masher59

Moving in
Do you have any macaw experience? What are you expecting from a macaw?
Not with Macaws it would be my first but I have experience with Congo Africans and Amazons. I've been without a large bird for about 15 years and I truly miss that relationship. I expect to slowly gain their trust and be a part of a happy healthy macaws life. I have the time daily to devote and the financial means needed to maintain a great quality of life for them.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Not with Macaws it would be my first but I have experience with Congo Africans and Amazons. I've been without a large bird for about 15 years and I truly miss that relationship. I expect to slowly gain their trust and be a part of a happy healthy macaws life. I have the time daily to devote and the financial means needed to maintain a great quality of life for them.

Well, the financial difference between the two is huge.... and im not saying that from a purchasing standpoint either.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I don't know if anything macaw related could ever be called easy....

The Hys are different birds, at least mine are. Different daily cost and different personality from other macaws. Right now I have 5 flighted macaws loose in my house. Two are sitting on me and one is waiting for my husband. The hys are on their java trees. They are social, but for short intervals and only on their time. They have a routine and if you change it they are quite upset. If you are 5 minutes past bedtime, my female will put herself to bed. They scream if you forget to shut off the light or if you turn it on after they have gone in.

My male is chatty and moody, my female is sweet and demanding. Neither are as social or interactive as the rest if my macaws on a constant basis. They are not subject to change. ;)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am falllng in love with the one on the right in those photos -- yellow/ blue. WOW.

Way bigger than ernie darling though!

PurpleFeathers

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Omar
FELFEL.jpg

Felfel (Arabic word for Pepper) : Harligold (Harlequin X Blue and Gold). Because he is mostly Blue and Gold its hard to tell, but if you notice his beak and one of his toenails are from the Greenwing Macaw genes.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Some people believe that toenail indicates the presence of the pied gene. GWs don't have clear or white toes. That beak is GW, though;)

Lindsay BGM BE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsay
Growing so much. 1 week with us and gained 200 grams. Food is everything Starts loving kisses and cuddles

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What kind of hybrid is your baby?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Blu has wonderful coloring!

Small farm

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Braydon
This is (was) Precious a Harlequin Macaw I met at a bird store near me. She was 7 months old and a sweetheart to everybody! Sadly I didn't know how much I liked her til she was sold... So I'm looking for a baby but thought I'd share her picture.

Attachments