• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid macaw in the wild

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I follow that account too. She gets a couple of very recognisable macaws there. One with a serious beak injury and one with mutations and a white tongue :heart:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@flyzipper see the yellow on her wing? She has another yellow feather on her wing where it should be blue and she also has patchy feet. I love it when this bird is posted.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
My first thought was "oh no, sunflower seeds!" but then I realized these birds have no problem burning those calories! :laugh: And while it's sad to know one of them has a beak injury, I'm so glad they know where they can go for an easy meal! :heart:

How cool would it be to just have a bunch of birds but a house that stays clean? :D

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is this just a bird helper? I don’t have instagrams. Does this person need donations to keep helping these macaws? I support many foundations, but always willing to give more to kind people.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Is this just a bird helper? I don’t have instagrams. Does this person need donations to keep helping these macaws? I support many foundations, but always willing to give more to kind people.
The birds just visit this persons house as far as I am aware, there are a few people from the same region who post regular footage of the wild macaws visiting them for treats like this- most seem to feed bananas, sunflower seeds or peanuts from what I have seen but she mentioned to me on a chat I once had with her that many people there actually feed them soggy bread and other things that they really should not have and it often causes them health problems- many of the pics have the birds wearing filthy cruddy beaks.

If she is taking donations then we can not chat about it or advertise that fact here on AA as it is not an AA approved non for profit.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Must be wonderful to look outside, and see parrots. I love all birds, but parrots are my absolute favorite