• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hundreds of Elephants Mysteriously Die.....

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sad.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Being the career I would love to go into, I find this very sad indead. Unfortunatly, those pictures look like they have starved (the are so thin) just by a shortage of food, or have been poisoned by poachers. Unfortunatly, I am routing for the latter of the two. Some poisons have the ability to reduce the animals to skin and bones. Sadly, this happens often in Africa, with people poisoning water sources.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
I heard about this so sad it's strange as none of them had thier tusks remove but scavengers were no even eating them and they all died near water holes. I want to be a zoologist but have chosen teaching instead both are careers I love. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong.

Reactions: Ali

Mantis64

I just hope they can figure it out so that they can stop it.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
But if it was posining surely all the animald that drank the water would have died and not just elephants.
Perhaps something elephants are more affected by than other animals? Or maybe a new waterborne virus?

Mantis64

The uk conservationists say it cant be poaching as the tusks where still attached to the elephants.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I know. Humans are sickening. Just doing it for the fun. What country is it? Some African countries are trying to get rid of their 'over popualtion' of elephants. Some are selling them to zoos and private collections, but if the demand isn't there, killing is what they will do. I am thinking government backed

Mantis64

I know. Humans are sickening. Just doing it for the fun. What country is it? Some African countries are trying to get rid of their 'over popualtion' of elephants. Some are selling them to zoos and private collections, but if the demand isn't there, killing is what they will do. I am thinking government backed
Last year 100 died to natural anthrax poison I think it in Botswana.

Mantis64

It was Zimbabwe that were selling them if I remember correctly. Why can't they just move them to to other game reserves in other countries to boost dwindling populations?
Incase it's a disease the last thing they want is it to spread maybe after they know what it is they may consider it.