• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Huge, Beautiful Black King's Cage For Large Parrots - Macaw, Cockatoo

HCK9s

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
This cage was used to house a pair of Moluccan Cockatoos. They have since been re-homed and now their beloved huge cage needs a home.

Cages are not made like this anymore. This is an extremely heavy (probably weighs in excess of 250 pounds) and well-made cage.

The manufacturer is King’s Cages. This is the older version of the cage which is better built and uses double walled construction with powder coating.

The newer models are weaker. This cage retailed for over $2,500.00 including shipping. I am asking $1,000.00.

The cage is 4’ L x 3’ W x 6.5’ H and comes with a huge seed skirt which adds another 3.5” on each side.

Can be disassembled or taken in one piece. It has nice powder coating and is black.

Cage will be power washed prior to picking up. Pick up only in Powder Springs, Georgia.

Helping previous owner sell cage. Payment for cage must be made to my daughter via Zelle at pick-up (you can obviously go and see the cage before paying and pay once you have seen it before you bring it home, you’ll call my daughter when you arrive).

All proceeds go to the birds new home and giving them the best life possible.

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a beauty of a cage! Whomever gets that will be so lucky. The older style cages are so much better made in my humble opinion.

HCK9s

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
Yes. This is an older one. It’s so much sturdier. You’re right. Today’s newer cages really just don’t compare quality wise.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You might want to think about cross listing in Face Book marketplace. Has a wide audience.

HCK9s

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
I attempted and my Facebook account was blocked for posting the same post about the cage in multiple groups. Now Facebook won’t let me post in groups for a month. Ugh!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really hope you are able to sell it. Someone will be lucky to snag it. Have you tried on Craig's list?

HCK9s

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
I just posted a bunch on Craigslist - I hope someone bites! Facebook is proving challenging. It seems like every time you post something on Facebook having to do with animals, you get banned. They gave me another 30 day ban for posting the cage in numerous groups. It's so frustrating!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yes thats a newer rule that came out last year i think. They are really cracking down on that severely. If someone posts a bird for sale in a group the whole group can be shut down.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes anytime you say anything about pets and for sale, Facebook bots intervene. PETA is a shareholder and it was one of their demands.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes anytime you say anything about pets and for sale, Facebook bots intervene. PETA is a shareholder and it was one of their demands.
Huh. Didn’t know this. All part of the meta-verse, right? Sheesh.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Huh. Didn’t know this. All part of the meta-verse, right? Sheesh.
Yeah a year or two ago a ton of pet care groups got shut down because of their over arching bots. PETA thought that Facebook was helping people unqualified people sell animals. A lot of groups that had a pet name in their title and then used any words like buy or sell got shut down, even if they didn't actually buy or sell animals. I had many reptile groups suddenly vanish :( Even when I try to sell Bird Toys on Facebook, I often get flagged as selling prohibited items because I use the word bird.

I think they have gotten a little less ban happy, but still has its quirks!