• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How would AA like to add a Tech Talk section in the Neighborhood?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
We have new talent on the forum who helped me out with a VCR blinking 12:00 problem today in like one second. People can just chat about Tech @iamwhoiam or bring their electronic issues to the Hive Mind as @JLcribber calls it.

ps I won’t be crushed if @Staff thinks my idea is rubbish.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Sounds like a great idea! :pinklol3: I love how varied the Avenue is.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Planter’s Parkway also turned out to be very popular with us gardening sorts!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
It would likely turn out fairly bird-heavy with all the questions I've seen about: heating, cooling, air filtration, humidification, air quality monitoring, video cameras, security systems, appliances, etc.

(so, it's not all about VCR repair)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I see lots of people needing various tech help on the forum. Our members are very good at helping others out!

We have some of the best people here! :heart:

A stickie in the Service Road maybe :shrug:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Service road is for Avian Avenue site issues. So if it´s realting to something on this website then yes, you can post tech issues there.
I totally get that, but it doesn't say that. It says for Technical Problems and Questions. I also get that it is under the Forum Information section but even there it says for Tech Help. It doesn't say for Site Technical Problems or Site Tech help just Technical Problems and Tech help.

If I was an end user looking for tech help I wouldn't look/post in a place called Around the Neighborhood as there is nothing in the description about help of any kind. I would look in something call Service Road as it is service I am needing help with.

Not trying to be argumentative at all and I totally get it.:hug2: I just deal with a ton of end users and this would confuse a lot of them. :confused: Most if not all of my users would post tech related questions in the Service Road just based on the wording alone.

:shrug: Maybe some additional wording to Around the Neighborhood would help.

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
Service road is for Avian Avenue site issues. So if it´s relating to something on this website then yes, you can post tech issues there.

I think Saroj means more for general techy stuff; non AA and non avian related.

Remember that https://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?forums/around-the-neighborhood.2/ is a good catch all for anything non bird related. Coffee, Tech, Sports, Hobbies, chit chat etc :)
Not to advocate over-fracturing the site, but perhaps a subforum of "Around the neighborhood"?

I'm usually one to surf the flow through the "what's new" so where something appears is almost an afterthought to me, but if we want to have a "tech help" section to give the tech questions it's own perch to land on, sounds like as good a place as any.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Not to advocate over-fracturing the site, but perhaps a subforum of "Around the neighborhood"?

I'm usually one to surf the flow through the "what's new" so where something appears is almost an afterthought to me, but if we want to have a "tech help" section to give the tech questions it's own perch to land on, sounds like as good a place as any.
That’s what I had in mind. A sub forum where you can post/discuss non bird related tech stuff which won’t get buried in the Neighborhood trivia. Tootng my own horn and stuff but Planters Parkway was also my idea . :roflmao:
like before the lockdown did a ton of courses on Coursera and Edx and @iamwhoiam and some others would discuss all manner of topics like Deep Learning etc

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
It would likely turn out fairly bird-heavy with all the questions I've seen about: heating, cooling, air filtration, humidification, air quality monitoring, video cameras, security systems, appliances, etc.

(so, it's not all about VCR repair)
Those are bird topics. I mean stuff like courses in astronomy or cosmology or deep learning which not everybody cares about!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I totally get that, but it doesn't say that. It says for Technical Problems and Questions. I also get that it is under the Forum Information section but even there it says for Tech Help. It doesn't say for Site Technical Problems or Site Tech help just Technical Problems and Tech help.
:shrug: Maybe some additional wording to Around the Neighborhood would help.
Oh, I understand what you mean.

Ok, So when you look at the homepage, there are the blue headers, and the forum list underneath.
There are four categories and they are labelled quite clearly in the headers.

¨Forum info highway¨ - For tech help, forum related topics and rules
¨Main street¨ - To talk about people topics
¨Avian Avenue¨ - For bird topics
¨Species speedway¨ - Species specific topics

So I suppose you´re right in that it doesn´t say that in the actual Service Road forum, but it is in the category called ¨Forum info highway¨.
FIH.jpg

A list of all forums is here;
It could make finding a certain forum a little easier.