• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to watch movies with your parrots!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella's favorite show (don't judge me) is RuPaul's Drag Race. She is mesmerized by the drag queens.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Bella's favorite show (don't judge me) is RuPaul's Drag Race. She is mesmerized by the drag queens.
:laughing6: She's taking hair and makeup notes for her princess image!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Y'all're so lucky! When I try to watch anything when Buzzard is on me, it involves me not looking at the screen and giving him my full attention. :meh: I think it's mostly because I'm afraid if I look away I'll be missing part of a sofa cushion.

Our gcc Scotty is our best tv or computer buddy if you don't mind a little poo down your back. :rolleyes: I just wear an old shirt or throw a towel over my shoulder. Since he's terrified of hands, it's pretty much the most quality time we can spend with him.

Motherof'tiels

Strolling the yard
My bird will like stare at the tv only if a certain news reporter is on the screen

my bird is weird

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
The birds have a tv in the bird room. It has an amazon fire stick in it, so I just randomly put on stuff. Last week it was a huge assortment with Wizard of Oz, 50 shades of Grey :hehe:, Jurassic World, and today I've been putting on old Godzilla movies. They all love to watch tv.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Mine do not really watch the tv but they like the sounds though! Sometimes Henkie joins me if I watch a serie but then moslty he just wants to cuddle:)
I usually put on a serie or Something when I am going to clean but when one of them is napping I get The Look, the be quiet servant look:rofl:

vanyasmom

Walking the driveway
Vanya really enjoys YouTube videos - I downloaded quite a few of them and play them on loop, in assorted order. Not all in one day. But try to vary it for him. He watches and gets excited when the budgies are playing. He really likes the skateboarding budgies and the hand-chasing budgie. That budgie talks as he chases his owner's hand as she is wiping the kitchen table. It is hilarious, you can hear the little feet of the budgie running around the table. But, the words the budgie says are hilarious: "Hey person! What are you doing? I'll be right there. Stop! Come here! I want to sleep! Come here!" Then she pauses, and starts again. And the budgie says in an exaggerated tone, "again! Come here!" and other words in his vocabulary. It is in Russian. I hope you enjoy it.

Most of them are clearly speaking budgies. I call them his cyber buddies. I am home a lot, but do have to go out. And even when home I have to spend time practicing the piano in a different room. Since he is an only feather kid, he does seem to get a lot out of their company. I have heard him start to mumble a little bit, when it is off. He watches them and I have noticed that he gets in the same position as the bird a lot of the time. He even flies in his cage when they fly. He faces the TV.

Last edited:

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Y'all're so lucky! When I try to watch anything when Buzzard is on me, it involves me not looking at the screen and giving him my full attention. :meh: I think it's mostly because I'm afraid if I look away I'll be missing part of a sofa cushion.

Our gcc Scotty is our best tv or computer buddy if you don't mind a little poo down your back. :rolleyes: I just wear an old shirt or throw a towel over my shoulder. Since he's terrified of hands, it's pretty much the most quality time we can spend with him.
Computers are 50/50 for me. If I can get them to sit on the top of the screen and stay there we're fine. Otherwise keys from my keyboard are going to go missing. I would be afraid to let a macaw near a laptop I liked
:hehe:

OllieTheConure

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elise
I can watch TV with my gcc, as I long as I am giving her scritches the whole time! :heart: As soon as I stop, though, watch out! :hehe: She would probably sit for scritches all day long if she could!:cinnamongcc1::laugh:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Watching movies in my house involves filling up ALL the foraging toys, replacing all waters, and crossing my fingers :blink:
It's mainly the conures. Remy wants to sing along to *any* background music, and god forbid if someone starts singing :rolleyes:
Archie views the TV as a threat. He's gotten better as of late, but when I first started moving stuff into my "nest" as I call it, he was very unhappy with the TV and even tried to attack it. Now it doesn't seem to bother him as much, but I'm not sure he had ever been in the vicinity of a TV before for an extended period of time, or at least it had been a while so I'm sure it took some getting used to.

Charity921

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charity
I'm not sure that my birds care much about the TV, unless the volume gets too loud... The caique screeches during any scenes with loud or dramatic music, or if anyone on screen is yelling or screaming.

YouTube videos of birds are always a big hit though, especially for my green cheek. We watch them on my iPad, but unfortunately, they are able to manipulate the screen, so when they go in close, we rarely get to finish a video.