• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to train..

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
How to train any tips is it best to do it in the morning, they won’t eat treats they just like peck at it and throw it. I feel like it is because they aren’t hungry, is it best to train before putting new food?

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I train in the morning before breakfast and in the evening before dinner. If your bird doesn't take treats you kind if need to get it used to train him. I call this training to train. I have this problem a lot with mine and when he gets like that I start very simple. 2 large pieces of the treat that he is most likely to accept, 2 step ups and then a large piece for the third one with lots of praise.
:DancingChilli:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Some helpful links;

:)

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think you may also need to find a better treat. At the moment, it doesn't sound like they're excited about whatever you're giving. It's a bit like giving someone who doesn't like chocolate a box of fancy truffles - you think that they should love it, but they don't!

Try offering a plate with different treat items on it, and see what they go for first. You might offer hulled sunflower seeds, pieces of flaked almond, small pieces of walnut, pinenuts, little bits of dried banana chip (make sure it's sulphur-free and contains no added sugar or honey), millet and so on. I personally use flaked almonds - they're easy to break into bite-sized pieces and can be obtained from the bakery aisle at a supermarket.

Edwin777

Moving in
Real Name
Edwin
Thank you guys I will be checking all of these information