• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to tame two budgies

Ludo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vanshika
Hey everyone! I got my original budgie 2 weeks ago and she was bonding with me. She didn’t step up yet but she knew not to be scared. I got her sister from the same breeder 2 days ago. They get along fine and they’re happy and all but my original budgie has forgotten the bond with me. She runs away when I try to get her to perch on my finger and I am afraid that the new budgie is also gonna learn this behavior and start being ignorant. I just don’t want myself to be the feeder and not inclusive in the relationship. Right now both my budgies are in one cage but should I separate them and only put them together for playtime whilst outside the cage. They also sleep together so should I have them sleep in different cages? Also since they don’t come to me yet, how do feed them fruits and veggies? Do I just put it in their food bowl or try to handfeed them?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump is posted when you’ve had no replies- it pushes your thread back to the top of the what’s new list so it’s more likely to get seen by other members.