• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to stop a aggressive pit bull

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
My Neighbor years ago moved in with a pit bull. He would bark and jump at the fence every time anyone got close :eek: I decided one day to carefully talk to him and do the you wanna play drop and he fell all over himself and wanted pets and attention. After that if he managed to get out he'd try to find me and we'd have tug of wars and he'd eventually grab my pant leg and drag me all over my yard. Some of the local kids saw me petting and playing with him and after that they would stop at the fence and say hi while he acted all tough. Little girl with her friends walked up and said he just sounds mean he's a nice dog and they talked to him and petted him without problems. Poor boy just wanted attention and love and didn't know how to express it nicely.
the neighbor was very upset when everyone found out he wasn't a killer. They get bad training so they become super aggressive because all they want is to please their owners and be loved for doing what they are taught. Once they are that messed up you have to be careful because they are very powerful dogs that can cause a lot of damage and even kill you but all the ones I have met seem to just want love and attention though I'm always careful around a new dog, ya never know.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Why was the neighbour upset?! He wanted to scare people? :sad8:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Why was the neighbour upset?! He wanted to scare people? :sad8:
The dog belonged to a teenager in the family and he was a bit of a jerk and probably wanted the dog to make him feel tough and all that kinda dumb teenager type stuff. He wanted to buy one of the old pintos I had collected to try and make a work and economy car out of and I didn't want to sell it so one night I head a bunch of banging and someone had beat the back of the car with nun chucks and dented it all up. I eneded up giving up on them and gave/sold cheap to another neighbor I knew so he couldn't get it and they weren't my problem anymore.

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Pitties are nice dogs its the owners that are the problem ..I have known several pitties and owned one myself ..Such suckie dogs ..not a bad one in the bunch ..but like any dog you have to train them well and a lot of socialization :)

Very true

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
My Neighbor years ago moved in with a pit bull. He would bark and jump at the fence every time anyone got close :eek: I decided one day to carefully talk to him and do the you wanna play drop and he fell all over himself and wanted pets and attention. After that if he managed to get out he'd try to find me and we'd have tug of wars and he'd eventually grab my pant leg and drag me all over my yard. Some of the local kids saw me petting and playing with him and after that they would stop at the fence and say hi while he acted all tough. Little girl with her friends walked up and said he just sounds mean he's a nice dog and they talked to him and petted him without problems. Poor boy just wanted attention and love and didn't know how to express it nicely.
the neighbor was very upset when everyone found out he wasn't a killer. They get bad training so they become super aggressive because all they want is to please their owners and be loved for doing what they are taught. Once they are that messed up you have to be careful because they are very powerful dogs that can cause a lot of damage and even kill you but all the ones I have met seem to just want love and attention though I'm always careful around a new dog, ya never know.

That's crazy he got upset. My girl has a loud bark. Most of the time the intruders in our yard ( squirrels) pay her no mind.