• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to stop a aggressive pit bull

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I can't open the link, but any dog can get aggressive. Pitbulls are just well known to be trained for agression. Every pitbull I have met is quite nice.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I can't see it

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Page says not found.

However, any dog can be aggressive, not just pit bulls.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any dog can attack, but some are capable of doing more damage than others. There was a woman in the US recently who was attacked by pitbulls. She's lost limbs. I think she's still alive. Mom who lost arms after pit bull attack won’t be able to get prosthetics: sister

This story is not unique. What would be useful is a study that corrects instances of attacks by breed for popularity. One area of my city has tons of pitbulls. I don't blame them; if I lived there, I'd want one too.

I've been attacked several times by dogs over my lifetime; my one almost-attack was, in fact, my neighbors' pitbull behind my back. My cat stood her ground & sent him packing while I was catching on.

Most people aren't honest with themselves about the kind of dog they're suited to raise. I know. I just went through the process. It's sobering to realize most of canine kind is beyond your skill and/ or personality. If more people were honest, there would be fewer such instances. But I don't think it helps to minimize the responsibility of owning certain breeds of dog.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't think this was meant to go down the path of whether or not pitbulls are aggressive. It was supposed to be a tongue in cheek way of showing off a funny/sweet video of her baby :heart: So perhaps if it is a discussion you guys want to have, another thread might be more appropriate so @Catherine89 can show off her dog without feeling ganged up on?

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Oh I wish that sweet baby was mine its just a cute video I saw and had to share. The girl in the picture is mine. She's my rotten potato.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh I wish that sweet baby was mine its just a cute video I saw and had to share. The girl in the picture is mine. She's my rotten potato.
Sorry my mistake :heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Does your pit like to swim? My girl loved swimming in the tank. No matter the weather.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Pitties are nice dogs its the owners that are the problem ..I have known several pitties and owned one myself ..Such suckie dogs ..not a bad one in the bunch ..but like any dog you have to train them well and a lot of socialization :)