• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures How to parrot proof your computer

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
LOl and the keys? Are they protected too?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
No but you gave me a great idea! Cling film to stop any poopies going down :laughing7:
They've got silicone keyboard protectors for nearly ever model of keyboard out there. I got a set for my laptop and it keeps the bird food bits OUT and it kept Sherbie at bay for about 4 days...Now he goes right to it and there's certain keys he targets (the arrow keys and f keys!!) and two seconds later they're off. :mad: He thinks it's sooooo fun.

Chihuahua

i have a desktop computer. orion likes to sit on the monitor and has pooped down the back a good few times. he also likes to pick off keyboard keys but that does not hurt the keyboard and the brand i use is cheap to replace so i just let him do it lol. i used to have it so there would be a toy hanging over the monitor.

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Thanks Matt, I'll have a look out for them, but I think the final soloution may be to use the computer in another room

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
A keyboard cover such as this:
[/IMG]
Works well. I don't have a computer to put it on right now, but I had it on my school MacBook when had it. They are great, keeps keys clean and they are cheap, only about $2. I had another one, but it was getting old and my friend's cat ripped it in half by catching her claws on it. :p they are pretty durable otherwise, and they protect against (most) things. :3

-edit-
Can you see the photo? It isn't working for some reason on my iPad.
Sorry if you can't.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
I believe they build in something birds can not resist! Not a parrot I know that doesn't want to eat/kill keys or to pop off the screen protector! I even gave chicken my old laptop the doesn't work any more. That kept his 1/2 occupied for 1/2 the day :grumpy: I'm cleaning the top outer shell & the pop off the shell at least 2x a day ... :meh: The things we do for love! :joyful:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
A USB beak of course. Then she can plug right in. :)
Sweet Jesus of Nazareth. You want my gang of pirates plugging into the WWW. Have you ANY IDEA how much damage they could cause if they had knowledge to go with that destructive energy?

I'm going for a lie down now!

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
So funny! We just buy warranties and if, I mean when, they bite the screen, we get a new one. The big boys are not playing, they will eat the clips AND the computer lol. But that is a great idea!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:lol: Looks very convenient for the human users! :rofl:

CallmeSweetie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Andrea
They've got silicone keyboard protectors for nearly ever model of keyboard out there. I got a set for my laptop and it keeps the bird food bits OUT and it kept Sherbie at bay for about 4 days...Now he goes right to it and there's certain keys he targets (the arrow keys and f keys!!) and two seconds later they're off. :mad: He thinks it's sooooo fun.
Thanks PF I got one life is good now :)