• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to make better change in your bird routine?

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Hello!
I was thinking a lot lately to how keep my parrot active and happy?
He has a routine but i want to add activities for him to be more active and enjoy his time
He wakes up from 8-9 am. Eating fresh breakfast even few bites. Then chewing stuff in my bed and discovering my things( i keep my eyes on him) and jump from place to place then nap time or watching wild birds, snacks time: pellet or small spoon of mixed seed.
In the afternoon noon he started displaying to his bells in the cage and take a nap.
In general i see he is not doing much activities
I think to make him a new toys ?
What is your suggestions to keep your bird happy and active. Your bird exercise?

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
If you don’t have one, how about getting a bird play gym? You can hang toys on it, and it is a great way for them to get exercise :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Foraging :)

If you can get your bird to forage for the majority of their food, it helps a lot! Ripley spends 2 to 4 hours a day looking for his food, which would otherwise take him maybe 20 mins to eat.

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road

If you can get your bird to forage for the majority of their food, it helps a lot! Ripley spends 2 to 4 hours a day looking for his food, which would otherwise take him maybe 20 mins to eat.
You have him forage for all his food? How do you have him forage for pellets?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You have him forage for all his food? How do you have him forage for pellets?
Lots of foraging toys :) I use a lot of the Caitec toys. At any given time I've got about 7 foraging spots in and around his cage

Angela_2

Walking the driveway

It's new idea!
I will try it tomorrow
I'll start with short time and see if he's interested XD