• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to get badges / labels

elena_2004

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elena
Hi!!
I'm still kind of new here, but I notices some members have like badges or labels - not sure how to explain it.
Are these "awarded" by entering some sort of contest or?
Just curious :)

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Are you talking about the little "ribbons" under the username? Those are awards. Every month there is elected a "celebrity of the month" "Mayor" and a few others. You also get a ribbon if you are a vet. The ribbons show other people your accomplishments.

elena_2004

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elena
Are you talking about the little "ribbons" under the username? Those are awards. Every month there is elected a "celebrity of the month" "Mayor" and a few others. You also get a ribbon if you are a vet. The ribbons show other people your accomplishments.
Thank you! Do you "enter" to get an opportunity to receive an award or are they selected from all the members?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
I also have a question! How do you get that super cute thing under your post with the bird stickers? Like the two pics below?
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.19.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.19.19 AM.png

TheMacDadd

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ahmad
I also have a question! How do you get that super cute thing under your post with the bird stickers? Like the two pics below?
View attachment 375408 View attachment 375409
they're smilies and signatures most members have both some have just 1

you can get a signature by asking someone to make you one in the signature forum or you can just make it yourself.

you can get the little bird smilies by pressing the 11th button on the options on the top (the one that looks like a smiley face) and search up your bird in the search bar after that just pick whichever bird you like.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
For one like this, the instructions are here;

If you want a picture one, use the same instructions but you will need to create a picture or kindly ask another member to make you one on Signature Street

For parrotlet emojis, type :parrotlet and you will see a list of the different coloured parrotlet emojis, click the one you want :)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Hi!!
I'm still kind of new here, but I notices some members have like badges or labels - not sure how to explain it.
Are these "awarded" by entering some sort of contest or?
Just curious :)
Usually there is no need to do anything. I can think of one that comes up a few times a year where you can "earn" it but it is a temporary just for fun kind of thing so I will let it be a surprise :) Otherwise, they may be bestowed upon you by the staff or other members. Just keep being a good participating member of the avenue and one day these too can be yours :)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I guess I don't post enough about my birds because I am missing the Celebirdy of the Month, lol! I bet most members couldn't even name my birds unless they were looking at my sig. LOL!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I guess I don't post enough about my birds because I am missing the Celebirdy of the Month, lol! I bet most members couldn't even name my birds unless they were looking at my sig. LOL!
I admit I can only name one pair:

:car: and peach.gif

A few extra photos every now and then of your adorable flock would be wonderful! :heart::heart::heart:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
How on earth do you tell them apart!? That's a lot of Caiques. :wideyed: