• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to clean room where they reside in?

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
So i always let them out of their cage around the 12/1pm and let them play till4/5 pm. As i dont have much stuffs yet and taking to long to come im just atleast having them get out. I changed stuffs in my room so the cage could be high and literally next to the windows for alot of sunlight and cause they like being near the window. I cleaned the room to and had them stay for a whole day in a different room cause i used cleaning tools and liquid to clean their droppings and just in general. I left them away from the smell for 3 hours. And brought them back in. Are there any tips to be actually save when cleaning their rooms and all that?

i also would love some tips and refrencefor cage setup and kind of toys.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
To keep my birds room and cages clean I just use a handheld vacuum around the cages daily and then use the large vacuum on the whole room at least 2 times a week. I also make sure to change the cage liners everyday and wipe the cages/perches or hard surfaces where they have pooped on off with a vinegar water mix, or just a wet cloth. Spot cleaning each day really helps to cut down on the mess and the amount of cleaning in the long run!

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree with the above members, especially with the poop off spray, it works great!

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
To keep my birds room and cages clean I just use a handheld vacuum around the cages daily and then use the large vacuum on the whole room at least 2 times a week. I also make sure to change the cage liners everyday and wipe the cages/perches or hard surfaces where they have pooped on off with a vinegar water mix, or just a wet cloth. Spot cleaning each day really helps to cut down on the mess and the amount of cleaning in the long run!
Thanks ill do say!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cleaning up poops with a spray bottle of multipurpose cleaner; water, and 1teaspoon of dishsoap (I use unscented fairy/dawn) - shake it before each use.
And then to clean the room, I use half vinegar, half water, and 1 teaspoon of the dishsoap again. I use this spray on the cage too.
For windows, first clean them using the multi purpose cleaner then a bottle with half alcohol, half water. I think Vinegar works well instead of the alcohol.
All can be used with the birds in the room.

Celery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ali
Cleaning up poops with a spray bottle of multipurpose cleaner; water, and 1teaspoon of dishsoap (I use unscented fairy/dawn) - shake it before each use.
And then to clean the room, I use half vinegar, half water, and 1 teaspoon of the dishsoap again. I use this spray on the cage too.
For windows, first clean them using the multi purpose cleaner then a bottle with half alcohol, half water. I think Vinegar works well instead of the alcohol.
All can be used with the birds in the room.
Thanks alot! Ill be using this today again

brayark

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chris
This may seem a silly question but what type of vinegar do you use

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue