• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to build a GreyHouse <plans>

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That is the most absolute amazing bird playhouse that I have ever seen in my life! I am just in awe. No wonder everyone always says that they wish they were one of your birds! Great job on this and....is that you in the pictures while you made it?
thank you all so much! :)
Lora that is Charlie the carpenter in the pictures! Big Scooter spends 99% of his time out in his greyhouse!:D

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
That's just wonderful, Saroj!

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
I love it! I'm showing this to DH, Merlin loves to get in drawers. :D

featherbabies

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barbara
:omg: We'll take one, please!

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I have to wonder......... is your entire home this majorly cool???? I'm in awe...... :dreamyeyes:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thank you all so much for the nice comments!
I have to wonder......... is your entire home this majorly cool???? I'm in awe...... :dreamyeyes:
haha no the rest of the house is very ordinary. I designed the bird rooms and we had them added on to the house. Lots of windows :D

CuteHippieChic

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kitty Mel
That's incredible!!! I wonder if Brett would mind if I add it to his list of stuff I wan't him to make ;)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I love what you are doing to your birds! :) And Big Scooter deserves his own house to play in. ♥

Cathie

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cathie
Re: Martine and Pip, I found the GreyHouse plans!

:omg: My 3 greys, 2 CAG's (Zeus, Roxie), 1 TAG (Digger) would LOVE :heart:, LOVE :heart:, LOVE :heart:, something like that! ... not to mention my sun conure, Sunny. He'd have to have his turns, too! ... hehehe I'd like to find a smaller, simple designed one for my handicapped cockatiel, Timmy, who was born with his whole left side underdeveloped and needed a home. He's got one now, though! Maybe with ramps and wide drawer top edges, as he can't "perch" very well without using a major part of his body for balance. He can sure climb vertical, sideways ect... on his cage sides though! He doesn't KNOW he is handicapped, I don't think... lol
REALLY GREAT job on the greyhouse!!!!!!! WOW! :laughing12:

Last edited:

kookaburra

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Yvonne
Go B Scooter! Now you have to make one for Rudy! :dance4::dance4: Saroj, I am always so inspired with the amount of creativity and energy you put into making sure your fids are well taken care of. You are the bird mommy I aspire to be like - challenge accepted!!! :giveme5:

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
Oh man this is awesome, never ever have i seen anything this amazing wow, Now i am very very sad. I want one also please,

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I love what you are doing to your birds! :) And Big Scooter deserves his own house to play in. ♥
thank you J.T! :)

:omg: My 3 greys, 2 CAG's (Zeus, Roxie), 1 TAG (Digger) would LOVE :heart:, LOVE :heart:, LOVE :heart:, something like that! ... not to mention my sun conure, Sunny. He'd have to have his turns, too! ... hehehe I'd like to find a smaller, simple designed one for my handicapped cockatiel, Timmy, who was born with his whole left side underdeveloped and needed a home. He's got one now, though! Maybe with ramps and wide drawer top edges, as he can't "perch" very well without using a major part of his body for balance. He can sure climb vertical, sideways ect... on his cage sides though! He doesn't KNOW he is handicapped, I don't think... lol
REALLY GREAT job on the greyhouse!!!!!!! WOW! :laughing12:

thank you Cathie :)
Awww Timmy sounds so sweet :heart:
Your greys would enjoy it, Big Scooter loves his greyhouse. I hung an atom right above it for him, and a boing from the side.

Go B Scooter! Now you have to make one for Rudy! :dance4::dance4: Saroj, I am always so inspired with the amount of creativity and energy you put into making sure your fids are well taken care of. You are the bird mommy I aspire to be like - challenge accepted!!! :giveme5:
Thank you Yvonne! :)
I got the idea from an unfinished dresser he used to play in, until he destroyed it. You are already an awesome mommy! :hug8:

Oh man this is awesome, never ever have i seen anything this amazing wow, Now i am very very sad. I want one also please,
:) awww Carol, don't be sad. It's not hard for a carpenter to build. Thank you for the nice comments :)

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
My hubby used to do all this kind of stuff but now he says if its bird sh..... don't talk to me. After 10 plus years of faithfully do bird stuff he is sick of it. But it could have been worse, what if i started this 30 years ago when we just got married,lol He wont do this but he helps me with my toy website though. So i probably should be grateful. You are soooo lucky and so are you birdies.

BindiWW

Walking the driveway
What a creative idea! I've never seen one before, looks like a great place to play!

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
So cool! Love the wood chews on the roof! :dance4: Great work!

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June

Elmer's white glue. Says it is non-toxic :D
I know I'm late, but boiling short grain white rice and grinding the cooked rice makes a very sticky substance. A very thick pudding that sticks to your fingers is the only way to describe it, My mother used it all the time for a simple fix. In some ways, it's probably a lot better than glue because you don't have to wait for it dry. When it sticks, it sticks. ;)