• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to bathe the chubby flying rat?

Kasani

Moving in
Real Name
Catherine
When I brought my bird home the breeder said to bathe her once per week via misting her. It quickly became clear she haaaaaaated when I intentionally bathed her. The only time she bathes is when it's on her terms and I leave the tap on at a slow dribble. She will go and bathe herself under the dribble very thoroughly, and she lets us know when she wants this by showing interest in the tap/sink. But usually she never does this more than a couple times per month, at most. :shrug: She looks in great shape though. Very sleek and prim. So I figure that must be all she needs!

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
My Walter hated bathing so we would just steam up the bathroom so he got a steam bath and then I would give him skritcjes with warm wet fingers. It was the best we could do. He was very good about preening thouh

lioen

Sitting on the front steps
My Walter hated bathing so we would just steam up the bathroom so he got a steam bath and then I would give him skritcjes with warm wet fingers. It was the best we could do. He was very good about preening thouh
that sounds like a good idea