• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How should I try to catch this rabbit?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My goodness! I raised them also. Years ago. :)
Oh hello! Another glutton for punishment! You would always see me sitting outside on my bench grooming! Wish I had photos of all of them.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Lol!! Oh man that’s a good sized bunbun!

Lorenzo says hello
View attachment 305019
Lorenzo... love the name! He's a rex bunny? Hard to tell if his coat is short and smooth in the photo. Darn it you guys.... don't make me miss my bunnies!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Look at this colossal rabbit!

(Feat my very messy living room and bunny-proofing boards lol)

He's a biggie bunny! I'll bet he's loving the new digs.. Messy living room? All I see is the Hrafn Habitat... the fun house!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'm so happy he's doing so well! He hit the jack-pot moving in with you!!!

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Lorenzo... love the name! He's a rex bunny? Hard to tell if his coat is short and smooth in the photo. Darn it you guys.... don't make me miss my bunnies!
Aaw thank you hehe he’s Lorenzo il Magnifico! And you got it! He’s a chocolate mini rex ;) buns are amazing and around now is when the shelters start to fill up with the all the baby Easter bunnies after the novelty has worn off :(

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Aaw thank you hehe he’s Lorenzo il Magnifico! And you got it! He’s a chocolate mini rex ;) buns are amazing and around now is when the shelters start to fill up with the all the baby Easter bunnies after the novelty has worn off :(
The rex are truly the "Velveteen Rabbit". There is nothing to compare to the softness of their coat. The does can be pretty nasty if you don't spay them. So many bunnies don't get the justified care they deserve.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
The rex are truly the "Velveteen Rabbit". There is nothing to compare to the softness of their coat. The does can be pretty nasty if you don't spay them. So many bunnies don't get the justified care they deserve.
. So, so true. I adore watching someone pet him who’s never pet a rex before. The reaction is always so darn cute! Even my mom (who can’t understand why I’ve not eaten this rabbit) kept coming to tell me how amazing he was while we bunked with them.

Every time we see the vet, she always comments on how few rabbits are ever brought in for routine medical care :( they’re such sensitive, lovely, wonderful creatures. Lorenzo has changed my life in so many wonderful ways. It’s a shame how many people throw them away.

Flockmomma79

Moving in
Real Name
Leigh Ann Pierce
I live in a rural farming area and people dump off cats, dogs, and rabbits ALL THE TIME! Grrrrr! The last rabbit I live trapped, I started feeding him rabbit pellets and some tasty treats, like those suggested. They also LOVE oatmeal to, and it has much less sugar than apples & bananas. Use tiny pieces too. Make him/her work harder for the food. And place the trap down while you're there, not set or anything, so bun can smell it a few times and see it's no threat.
After a few times of feeding the bun, set the trap and have the foods leading to it, into it and then back past the trip plate. Be sure to set it so that it will only take a slight touch from the bun to trip it closed. I've had to walk up and close the trap myself sooo many times because I didn't have it set right. Takes some finesse, that's for sure! But, this sounds like a big bunny, so it should trip the trap easily. Trick is to have them stop on the plate to eat the foods. Then they trip it every time!
Good Luck!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I can´t believe I missed this thread!
Such a cute bunny!!!
@hrafn Do you still have Ballaw?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:yah: That´s great! :D:starshower1:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the update on Ballaw! He's HUGE!

@Beasley Lorenzo is so cute. I love Rexes - the first time I stroked one was magical.