• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How should I try to catch this rabbit?

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I've got my fingers crossed you catch him soon!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
this way I'll have it available in case I ever have to catch any medium-sized critter again. ;)
Something tells me you will. You seem to be becoming the Canadian @Birdbabe the way critters seem to find you.

Hrafn's Critter Gitter at your service!!!! :walkdog1:
:laugh: Yup! :yes3:

slow blinking, which is essentially a bun smile. Bunnies use this to communicate contentment and trust, but you can use it to tell him that you are not a threat.
Neat! :)

Man, Zelda's old stuff is waaaay too small for this dude. Guess I'll just have to buy a bunch of new things for him. Y'know, until I bring him to the Humane society. :angel2:
:rolleyes: Sure, sure. Let us know when he gets there. :p

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
SO CLOSE! He leaned into the carrier and took a slice of banana, but didn't go all the way in and I couldn't close the door fast enough. He's big enough to reach all the way to the back of the carrier while still being halfway out. :eek:

Thankfully I didn't scare him when I tried to close the door. I'm not giving up! I'll stay until it's too dark to see!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bunny already has a tattoo in his ear, and if I'm reading it right based off the ABVMA tattoo list, he's from all the way in Taber! That's almost three hours away from the city.

I wonder how he got here and why he was left alone. :( I think maybe I'll put out feelers so see whether he's actually just lost. He sure looks a mess, though.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:yourock: :dance1:

How bad off is he?
The vet techs wiped off all the mud and grime so he's not as grubby-looking now, but he's on the thin side and needs some good food to bulk him up. Apparently his ears were filthy inside, and he had a couple ticks in there. They put some Revolution on him which I have to keep up with, and the vet said there were no mites on the microscopy. Woohoo!

He's already neutered so he won't have to go through surgery. Phew.

Overall he's doing pretty great!

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
Wow that's awesome work!
Happy you were able to catch him.lucky boy he is to be in your care .

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hurrayy!!!!! Every time I saw a notice I would get my hopes up. Great work! Somebody cared enough to have him neutered. Years ago when I raised the English angoras I tattooed their ears as well. He definitely came from a breeder who kept up with the identity of their rabbits and kept logs no doubt. Cool beans!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Ehhh....what's up doc?!?
Glad you could catch it!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awesome!! :highfive: I'm so glad you were able to catch him. He does sound like he was well cared for once. So maybe he is just lost :shrug: I hope so. I know people dump pets all the time:explode:Or worst:darkcloud: There's been some horror stories on my Facebook feed lately. At least he's safe now. :) Thanks for being awesome and helping him:hug1:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for taking the time and patience to rescue the bunny and then take him to the vet. Hope all will be well with him and hopefully his family will be found and he can be returned to his home.