• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How often do you use your air purifier around your fids?

Bonchi

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jo
Thank you everyone for the quick replies! :D

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I would like to know if you all still keep them running if you have all the doors and windows open.
I would rather turn mine off when the doors are open but Burt sneezes like mad some days when the house is opened up (a lot of canola and other things are grown in the area) so I do leave mine on even when the doors are all open for fresh air.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Susan in So Cal

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I just got my Rabbit Air today! :dance4::laughing12::dance5: I plan on leaving it on 24/7/365. I've been struggling with my girls dander (cough cough).

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you for your reply @SandraK.
I had a little hospital visit in March 2017 with an upper respiratory infection. My flock was blamed initially and I was told I'd probably have to get rid of all of them. After blood draws/testing it was found I'm allergic to dust & mold. We had an Austin in the bird room w/3 smaller table top units and another small one in the family room. So we added a Rabbit in our bedroom, a small unit in the "study" (i.e. spare room w/hubby's computer). And we can still see dander floating gently by while watching TV depending on the lighting.

We also invested in HEPA vacuum bags and in a HEPA wet/dry vacuum. I wear ear loop surgical masks when doing things in the bird room and have a heavier duty mask for heavier cleaning. I check my oxygen and temperature every morning and log it. Maybe it's overkill but so far so good. I now have a flu shot each year though I hate needles.

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
24/7, the light doesn't bother me since I wear a sleep-mask.
One of our next door neighbours was (fill in the word) to have their Xmas lights installed 1 week before Thanksgiving and turned them on.I told Fred jokingly that we might have planes trying to land because they think they're @ O'Hare. I've been tempted to go outside wave at them and yell "Merry Christmas, I hope you unplug those lights before New Year's eve. Bah, Humbug!

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
24/7