• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How often do you do training with your bird?

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Hello,

I know every interaction with your bird is a training session but I'd like to know how often everyone here does training sessions involving treats!

I work full time and intially I planned to do short training sessions daily in the morning or evening, but I've been getting more exhausted from work and life in general. I am trying to do it more spontaneously though!

Preeno still gets his out of cage time although I may not necessarily be able to play with him. We usually just chill and hang out until he goes back to his cage.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
I would say keep it to 15 minutes a day maximum. Maybe 20 if your bird doesn’t seem stressed out. Birds (or mine anyway) seem to have very short attention spans! Read the behavioral cues-they won’t learn anything or find training fun and engaging if they’re fed up or tired.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I train with my birds nearly every day. But I try not to do the same things each week. Each session lasts about 15 minutes at most, and there can be 3 sessions per day.