• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how offten do you do a full cleanning of your cages

how offten do you shower down your cages

• daily

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • weekly

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • monthly

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Mess wipe every day
partial paper change every day
Thorough clean every 2 weeks.

Altho Peeps and JB's cage gets done more often as she is a paper buzzsaw since pubery hit and even more so now that she's laying eggs.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Seems I need to get with it! Neither of my cages fit out the angle between the doorway and the hallway, so they never get taken out and showered as I would have to disassemble them. I change papers once or twice a day in the budgie cage, and Jasper's paper is taken up probably three or four times a day, whenever I notice there's poop. Bowls get washed when I notice they're dirty... or pooped in/on.

The cage bars get wiped down if there's poop or food on them, but that's pretty rare unless I've fed mashed yams recently. Otherwise I clean the dust off them every 4-8 weeks or so? I live in farmerville, so between the crop working and the dogs and birds, everything's dusty within hours so there's hardly a point. Do you think that I'm endangering their health or anything with a bit of dust? The perches get wiped down probably every month or so.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Just to clarify - by thorough clean - I mean soap and water wash with a sponge. I can't take the large cage oustide (@nd floor apartment and no hose) and it won't fit down our hall into the bathroom or in the shower. I do the best I can but I just can't spray it down like I'd like.

Something someone suggested to me that I'm thinking of trying is a product called "Mango Wipes"

Status
Not open for further replies.