• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

How much smoke is to much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Besides the smoke issue, when you mentioned that she had lost several birds just recently I am concerned about the possibility of her birds contacting an illness from her poultry. There are several strains that can be transmitted from one to the other.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Was that chicken in the video killing another chicken or eating it? Or maybe I didn't really see that?:)

One suggestion to the Original Poster. Please separate all those buddies. They're definitely over crowded. And if that spare cage isn't in use please use it!:)

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I think they were mating, too. It tends to look like hens get a raw deal in the chicken world, lol!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The shed appears to be built with the intent to house them however, the insulation that is hanging loose can also be a high risk with fibers that can float around with it being exposed.

I am sure there are better ways to insulate and or possibly heat with solar power? The types of birds that are housed there should be housed inside IMO unless you lived in a very southern State like FL which too can get cold for birds to be out at night during the winter with wind chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.