• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much seeed do you feed a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
Ok so I am going to be making Skylars new corn bread mix tomorrow.

So i am trying to figure out how much seed vegys and treats he should get a day.

He is on the smaller side of love birds.

so is it like half a cup of pellets also where is the best place to find the pellets kieth could not find any so I am going to have to go to a pet store in the next day or so. Or is there somewhere I can order online.

I just want him to have the best chance I can give him

birdman78

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
John
TJ gets pellets in the am, seeds/treats in the afternoon (limited time), and pellets in the pm. Along with what ever people food the wife makes during the day.

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Kiwi and Sugar get pellets around the clock, veggies/mash in the a.m., and fruit in the evening. I then let them forage daily for nuts and treats. :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Ok so I am going to be making Skylars new corn bread mix tomorrow.

So i am trying to figure out how much seed vegys and treats he should get a day.

He is on the smaller side of love birds.

so is it like half a cup of pellets also where is the best place to find the pellets kieth could not find any so I am going to have to go to a pet store in the next day or so. Or is there somewhere I can order online.

I just want him to have the best chance I can give him
Most of my birds (the budgies, tiels, bourke, linnie and GCC) all have Lafeber pellets in their cage all the time. Usually it's about one scoop a day (the scoop is probably 3 tablespoons or something like that). That is always in there. Then, I give them seeds in the afternoon. The budgies and bourke get about 1 teaspoon each, about 1 tablespoon for the linnie and conure and tiels. I also give them fresh food in the mornings. The fresh food is a mixture, sometimes it is just veggies, or an orzo pasta and veggie mix, or their wingin it fancy soak with beans, or whatever, but they get that every morning.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
My lovies (this is for two) get:

3 tsp of Harrison's pellets
1 tbsp of mash (approx. 50% grains/legumes, 50% veggies)
1 tbsp of some other fresh or cooked food
(they don't always eat the whole 2 tbsp of mash/etc, but it gives them a good variety of stuff to pick through)

Aside from that they get 1 tsp of seed a couple times a week, 1 tbsp of germinated seeds/grains/legumes a couple times a week, and little bits of treats and whatever we're eating (if it's birdsafe).

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
I am ordering zupreem. Everything.

So we are trying to ween him off seeds soon hopefully it works

Status
Not open for further replies.