• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much out of cage time do king pidgeons need?

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
Hey,
So, how much out of cage time do pet king pidgeons need?

Kanokoro

Moving in
Real Name
Kano
It depends, but ideally they should be out for as long as possible every day. Is it just a singular bird or a pair/group? What size is the cage itself?

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
I don't actually have a pidgeon(yet). I would probably have a 40" long, 28" wide, 30" tall cage. Would that actually be big enough for a pair, or just one pidgeon?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
As much as possible. They don't climb and hang and chew like parrots, so in my opinion they need a lot of fly-time for enrichment as well as physical health. A caged pigeon might just sit on the perch and not get any exercise or fun in. How much room do they have in the cage? You should make sure that they have the room to stretch their wings fully and flap them, while inside. That often means less perches and toys. Space is the most important thing for a pigeon I think. So it all depends on your specific situation, but they should have at least an hour or more to play and fly out of the cage but on normal days I would aim for more than this.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My pidge has free fly, free roam all day, in the house,,that's the way its always been, but, I'm sure not alot would tolerate that, I would let her have few hours out of cage to fly, forage,,she will.learn where her cage/ home is..I tell Snowpea to go home and she flys to her cage..