• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much is TOO MUCH sneezing?

How many sneezes a day do you think is normal?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 6+

• Total voters

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
I keep noticing my cockatiel sneeze and get worried that he's sick but then the next day barely notice anything. He sneezes 3 times in the hour and a half, 1 when he first woke up, then and hour later sneezes twice only a few seconds apart and both had spray. Then i looked in his nose after the spray and inside was quite wet, it wasnt dripping or leaking outside the nose though, i notice him sneezing a few times a day. Should i be worried?
He is acting more than fine, he is just chatting away to himself while im writing this and is just SO happy. His droppings are normal too.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I notice all my birds sneeze more when the air is dry or when the air purifier needs changing. Have you ruled these causes out?

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
I notice all my birds sneeze more when the air is dry or when the air purifier needs changing. Have you ruled these causes out?
Well, how do I make the air less dry???
I don't really notice when the air is dry so I wouldn't know if he is sneezing from the air or not :arghh:
I got a new air purifier for Christmas so it wouldn't need changing yet.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Well, how do I make the air less dry???
A humidifier - you can find one super cheap online, or even local grocery stores often carry them

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't really notice when the air is dry so I wouldn't know if he is sneezing from the air or not :arghh:
A hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels. I heard parrots do well in 40%-60% humidity so I usually make sure I'm around 50-55%.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
I have an ducted air conditioning which has a built in dehumidifier so it was probably have a humidifier. Could i just use the built in one?