• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much grams should a cockatiel eat

Shogle

Moving in
Real Name
Shahim
Hi everyone so I bought 2 cockatiels but don’t know how much grams they eat I give them chop with Passwell crumbles as pellets and millet as treats there currently in the the taming process also is this cage setup good?also the feeder there conta water as its after noon and there not hungry 109EE940-02A5-4AC2-B453-B3634E36DB68.jpeg

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This thread may help

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Your bird is very cute. I don't really measure my tiels' food. Because they have such high metabolism rates, I think they need to have access to food 24/7. It's pretty rare for a cockatiel to overeat - not like cats and dogs. They pretty much eat throughout the day.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yes, as @sunnysmom said, your birds should have access to seeds and pellets all day, with as many fresh foods as they will eat. Aim for them to consume about 50/50 seeds/pellets, if not slightly more seeds, and take fresh foods out after two hours. Give them fresh seeds and pellets every day, and try to measure it through trial and error so you’re giving them a bit over what they would eat in a day.