• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much do your Amazons weigh?

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
On a good diet with lots of exercise she slimmed down gradually over a number of years, but she never lost her interest in people food.
Oh, I'm sure Coco would LOVE a peanut butter sandwich. I guess I can't expect his weight loss to be a quick process! I slimmed down my obese budgie quickly, but he's on a simpler diet to keep him at just the right weight since he has other health concerns.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That's Secret.

MC has just a tiny tad of blue.
so Secret is your avatar!!! Beautiful coloring! Angel just has a little bit of blue too.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
so Secret is your avatar!!! Beautiful coloring! Angel just has a little bit of blue too.
Yeah. That picture captured Secret's personality.

MC is sweeter, maybe he'll develop Angel's personality?

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@EkkieLu .
I never noticed the blue on Angel till you mentioned it. It's a little smudge bet it calms her personality a little I think that's what blue eyes do to a bunch of different people I've known over the years.

@Dona :needpics:

:heart: Pls!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Angel has a BIG personality for sure. He's the life of the party wherever he goes! He adds comments to every conversation. Really, No Way, That's Funny, What a Hoot, Are You Kidding Me, and everyone just cracks up!

When he wasn't feeling well my house seemed strangely quiet.

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
My Sam the BFA gets a peanut butter sandwich once in a while. I take a bit of crust off a piece of whole wheat bread and smear some natural peanut butter on it. He will kill for it! He is a big bird also. 608 grams.
Sam is a lucky guy!!!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sam is a lucky guy!!!
How's Angel today? Buddy's been off & on w/ some wing pain, this rainy weather hurts both of us. I really hope h er day was Sun Shiny!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
How's Angel today? Buddy's been off & on w/ some wing pain, this rainy weather hurts both of us. I really hope h er day was Sun Shiny!
Angel is doing very well! He's still having slight trust issues with me, but after me having to towel him several times a day for a couple weeks to clean his wounds and give him his meds I guess that's to be expected. He is clowning around and doing some of his trick stunts again, so that's a good sign!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Angel is doing very well! He's still having slight trust issues with me, but after me having to towel him several times a day for a couple weeks to clean his wounds and give him his meds I guess that's to be expected. He is clowning around and doing some of his trick stunts again, so that's a good sign!
That's a great sign! I'm glad you're holding up well too!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went through that crazy toweling w/ Buddy. I'd just started getting him to step up @ the time. I'd only held him a little bit & was still pretty unsure if he'd eat me. I was a nervous wreck too!

I towel him daily now (eye drops) & It's not a big deal anymore. But I so get it!

Now it's a cuddle type of time, we both enjoy it.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Dug this old thread up as Solomon got weighted at the vet Thursday.

Solomon is a 20 year old Mealy Amazon.

800 Grams. Big boy, also needs to go on a diet. The vet thought he'd come in over 800 from his size.

Clean bill of health, just fat. :p

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Dug this old thread up as Solomon got weighted at the vet Thursday.

Solomon is a 20 year old Mealy Amazon.

800 Grams. Big boy, also needs to go on a diet. The vet thought he'd come in over 800 from his size.

Clean bill of health, just fat. :p
That's a hefty boy!!! :D

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Ollie was fascinated by the scale and after a few weeks, got up on it himself. He is an Orange-winged Amazon and weighs 372gms. Not very different from when I first got him. I think he's on the small side, but perfectly formed! :D

Next was Bobbie. She is a Red-lored Amazon and I knew she was overweight, but was a little shocked to find out she is 448gms. :wideyed:

Chico is a Panama Amazon, disabled and over 50 years old. He is 430gms.

I was wondering how much everyone else's Amazons weigh. :)
How old is Ollie? Oliver is 9 yrs old and weighs in at 350 grams.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Hi Steve, Oliver is beautiful! Love all the blue on his head. Ollie is probably around 16 or 17 years old. He's been with me just over 9 years. I'm surprised Oliver weighs in even lighter than Ollie. Oliver must be small too. :) Does Oliver fly? That will build muscle! Ollie is a strong flier. :fly2:

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
No Oliver doesn't fly but he is on the smaller side. Once while Oliver was on one of his checkups there was an older Orange Wing there that was much bigger than Oliver.

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Hi and thank you for the compliment. I love all that yellow Fuzzy has on his head. Oliver has some yellow feathers growing in on the top of his head. Oliver doesn't fly as much as he used to.