• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much are gang gang cockatoos

Kyra

Moving in
I would check the source out very carefully. Is this something you saw online? I would be suspicious that it's a scam.
Thank you everyone for all the help! & I found them on Craigslist. I’m pretty sure it’s not a scam because they already mentioned meeting up on Sunday. But unfortunately I cannot afford them as beautiful as they are for $1200 so I had to decline. I was just curious how much they usually were so I asked

Maybe one day in the future if I can find one for sale I’ll be able to afford them. Although it’s unlikely since this is the first time I’ve ever seen one for sale.

Would anyone happen to know anyone who breeds them in California? Or even anywhere in the US?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Hi I’m new. How much to Gang gang cockatoos cost usually? Someone’s rehoming one a few hours from me for $1200.
This person is not "rehoming" any birds. They are "selling" this bird. $1200 is the asking price for this bird. That is merely the initial cost of acquiring the bird. Any cockatoo is a very high maintenance bird.

A bird that is re-homed should not cost any money. The re-homer should actually help in any way they can with the transition to make it as smooth as possible.

If you're serious about getting a cockatoo go visit a rescue. A donation will be a lot cheaper and the right thing to do. Volunteer some of your time and become "known" to them and you may just get a free bird.

keirieski17

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
A bird that is re-homed should not cost any money. The re-homer should actually help in any way they can with the transition to make it as smooth as possible.
Actually, a lot of places (including the rehoming thread on this forum) recommend charging a reasonable rehoming fee to put off bird flippers or other people who might want a free bird for untoward reasons.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Actually, a lot of places (including the rehoming thread on this forum) recommend charging a reasonable rehoming fee to put off bird flippers or other people who might want a free bird for untoward reasons.
Agree! Some places take a fee from those rehoming the animal as well as a fee from those giving the animal a new home.

nukkem

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Javier
@Sparkles!
Can you share the gang gang breeder information? I'm interested

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Sparkles!
Can you share the gang gang breeder information? I'm interested
You are not likely to get a reply anytime soon, the member you tagged has not visited this site for quite some time now.