• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much are gang gang cockatoos

Kyra

Moving in
Hi I’m new. How much to Gang gang cockatoos cost usually? Someone’s rehoming one a few hours from me for $1200.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That will likely depend on where in the world you live.

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
Hi I’m new. How much to Gang gang cockatoos cost usually? Someone’s rehoming one a few hours from me for $1200.
1200 is a good steal for one, to be honest if the bird looks healthy I’d take it!

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Be careful, that is very, very cheap for a gang gang. Could be a scam, I wouldn't send money without seeing it in person.

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
Be careful, that is very, very cheap for a gang gang. Could be a scam, I wouldn't send money without seeing it in person.
Exactly, also would make sure to get it checked at the vet immediately after purchasing.

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
Baby gang gangs can easily for 10-15k in america.
Babies are quite the expensive things! Any baby birds are quite the price here. But I’ve always seen gang gangs going for 2000 at most. Maybe I’m thinking wrong, but I’m sure that’s what they go for here… as seen on many sites

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’d be surprised if they really were so much cheaper there in America than here in Aus tbh.
I think Mattos price estimate makes much more sense and is more likely to be genuine rather than a scam.

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
I’d be surprised if they really were so much cheaper there in America than here in Aus tbh.
I think Mattos price estimate makes much more sense and is more likely to be genuine rather than a scam.
Yeah honestly, I’m just going off what I saw though ‍‍ I’m gonna have to do some research definitely! I saw near me they were going for 1,400.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
An older bird, maybe a rehome with some issues? Sure, I could see a $1,400 price tag.
But a friend raises them, and prices her female babies at $5500 and her male babies at $7500. So definitely be scam aware.

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
An older bird, maybe a rehome with some issues? Sure, I could see a $1,400 price tag.
But a friend raises them, and prices her female babies at $5500 and her male babies at $7500. So definitely be scam aware.
They haven’t specified the age. Maybe it’s an older one? How much does your friend sell adults for?

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah honestly, I’m just going off what I saw though ‍‍ I’m gonna have to do some research definitely! I saw near me they were going for 1,400.
Unfortunately, scams are prolific. If you saw these prices on a selling website (craigslist, facebook marketplace, gumtree, pets 4 homes, preloved, name your poison really) then chances are you're also viewing scammers and scam prices.

There are so many scam "breeder" or "bird store" sites that it's impossible to keep up with them. All you can do is be very suspicious if someone is selling a relatively unusual species for cheap. Think about hyacinths - no hyacinth macaw, no matter how old it is, is going to be sold for $1200.

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
Unfortunately, scams are prolific. If you saw these prices on a selling website (craigslist, facebook marketplace, gumtree, pets 4 homes, preloved, name your poison really) then chances are you're also viewing scammers and scam prices.

There are so many scam "breeder" or "bird store" sites that it's impossible to keep up with them. All you can do is be very suspicious if someone is selling a relatively unusual species for cheap. Think about hyacinths - no hyacinth macaw, no matter how old it is, is going to be sold for $1200.
Well, for gang gangs that was the price in usual bird fairs in NC or bird shows and 3000 was the usual top buck for a macaw really, (not including equipment) but ive been to plenty bird fairs in Raleigh NC and ive seen them being selled for easy money. Same with the reptiles as well. The conventions and fairs they hold there are real special to be honest. I got my chameleon from a breeder there and hoo boy is that cham beautiful and healthy. But ive seen a yellow bellied macaw (I think it was?) for 700 there. Although it is a convention and they were older birds. So I’m honestly not so sure. But that’s my NC story because I do not shop for birds outside of the NC area because I ain’t willing to drive haha

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How much does your friend sell adults for?
She never has adults. People wait an average of 2 years after giving her a deposit for a baby Gang. People wait longer for Gangs than they do her Major Mitchell’s.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I would check the source out very carefully. Is this something you saw online? I would be suspicious that it's a scam.