• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How many here know about cardboard playgrounds?

nightfly

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Don
While reading the reddit bird sections, came across this: https://www.reddit.com/r/parrots/comments/xod3qg So I put together a collection of boxes into one larger one; Toby goes nuts over it, pretty much every day. With frequent mail order stuff coming in from amazon and others every week, I have a never ending supply of 'new' colors and designs on his 'toys'. Plus, I don't have to deal with throwing away sheets of cardboard anymore; just the shredded stuff, and the shorter lengths, usually less than 6" wide or 12" long, that have fallen on the floor once no longer attached to anything in the box.
Dirt cheap, he never seems to tire of ripping stuff apart.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I give Ripley cardboard boxes occasionally; I can't do often because he gets very hormonal and defensive with them!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt always has a few cardboard boxes on the go around the house. Sad thing is I spend a few hundred dollars on new toys and supplies and he is more interested in the box it came in and the packing paper used to keep contents safe- reminds me of my children at birthdays and Christmas and also my past cats. Boxes are a more important invention than the wheel I am pretty sure lol

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't do that with Leia because she is so nesty. She would LOVE a nice cardboard box to chew and lurk in but it's not good for her.