• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long do I wait to air out the house after using things toxic to birds before I get my birds back

Birdie Boyzz

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emily
So we got new hardwood floors, and of course being parrot owner I check in to see what products they are using. They are using a glue that I have researched is bad for birds bc of fumes and they used paint thinner on the floors (more fumes) all of the windows are open all throughout the house, the house is being completely aired out. It has been 24 hours so far. How much longer do I wait? I miss my birds but it’s better to be safe than sorry. It doesn’t help that my family doesn’t understand the delicate bird lungs. They think it’s fine to have them in the house within a few hours of airing it out. How long do I wait?

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Can you still smell the fumes?

Birdie Boyzz

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emily
No, I cannot still smell them. However there are fumes that you cannot smell, non stick cookware is an example

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I had new carpeting put in my birds were out of the house for about 2 weeks. I think I could have brought them home sooner but I was being extra careful.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Call the manufacturer and ask how long it lasts.