• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long before birdie can come home?

RebeccaZM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rebecca
Yesterday morning we had the furnace serviced after the A/C went out. They took out the old cabinet, heating burners and fan with motor, and replaced them with new parts. I live in the Midwest so we’re only using the A/C and won’t need the ‘furnace furnace’ until fall, (and we will take birdy boy out of the house again to do a seasonal burn off/house airing.) My cockatiel has been at my brothers apartment since yesterday about noon. We had the windows and doors open all afternoon/evening and the bird lives in my room on the second floor and the furnace is in the basement. I have three windows in my room that can be opened, is it safe to bring him home?
@JLcribber I heard you might have some answers?
Thanks!

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Last time I had my heater replaced and the air conditioner I was unaware there were going to be fumes. Soon as I smelled them I opened a bunch of windows and used fans to direct air out the windows. Cheeky thankfully suffered no ill effects. It pays to be as safe as you can but sometimes I think we may overdo it out of fear