• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How intelligent is your Caique compared to other species?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
I love reading about caiques and I'm curious as to how intelligent they are, really. :)

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
My sweet little girl is more of a jock than a smartie. She prefers the physical over the cerebral. :lol:

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Augie my caique is known as the muscle and Aubrey my hahn's & his sidekick is known as the brains. :lol:

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
I consider my Caique, Pico, a very smart bird! :) He learned to say his name at 8 months old and knows other words & phrases. He also has learned tricks after just a few lessons.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Caiques are very smart as are all parrots... They're just a lot more active and might not think things through like a grey would.

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Caiques are very smart as are all parrots... They're just a lot more active and might not think things through like a grey would.
I couldn't say that better myself!
Douglas I wouldn't consider the brightest of my two. Kyoko is a lot smarter, and more mechanical in that sense.
He's a bit of a goof though, and I don't think he really think's things out.. he would be one of those "do'ers" lol

Doodle Bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Patricia
Seriously I think Caiques are very smart. I've owned Budgies, a Cockatiel, BW Pionus (briefly), and a Quaker as well as lived with an Amazon (who was not mine) and out of everyone I have to say Nani is the smartest with my first Budgie being a close second. I haven't had Piper long enough to know her IQ level. Caiques learn tricks very quickly and love to perform. It takes both Nani and Piper practically no time at all to learn new foraging toys, even the challenging ones. They don't have the talking ability my Budgies or Quaker had though. I also taught tricks to my Quaker but it took him a lot longer to learn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.