• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How does your bird react to bed time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Kylie puts herself to sleep by 9pm every night. If she's out of her cage around that time, she steps up for me right away and doesn't put up a fight going back in her cage.

Jessie and Lucy are my night owls and are still wide awake and active when its bedtime around 10pm ... some nights its closer to 9 or 9:30. But they never fight me about going back in their cages. Lucy always gets a few scratches and kisses (about all she will tolerate) before going to bed. Jessie loves his cuddle time with mommy. Once he is back in his cage we play peekaboo and got your tail. The whole routine takes about 15 minutes each night, but I have to admit its one of my favorite times of the day with them. :D

mjones

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melody
Tinkerbell is just so Tinkerbell! She acts like a two year old and sometimes throws a fit if she knows she is going to her cage for the night. Some nights thought she is falling asleep anywhere wherever she is perched, but when I put her to bed she acts like she's wide awake for like two seconds and then crashes.
tinkmad.gif Poor Tinkerbell! I have never seen a so aptly named bird in my life! :hehe:

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Theresa-You crack me up!!!

I'm bummed I don't have any funny routines other than Ross will put hisself to bed around 830...same w/Jax. When its time for me to go to bed, Ross Beeeeeeee-lines outta his cage, runs to the top like theres an alien invasion getting ready to take place, and yells, "C-mere, C-mere, step-up step-up, Goooooooooooooooooood-boy"

this is EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!! when i finally get him to step up....(by the grace of god) in he goes..Jax just looks at him all fluffy like, "will you keep quiet?? I'm trying to sleep!!!":glare:

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
Almost all of mine go to their cages at bedtime except a choice few. Caster will fly about and make me chase him to get him to go to bed. Harley will fly to the top of the fridge and hide way in the back next to the wall in hopes I won't see him. LOL

dayjamyers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
dayja
WHEATIS(SULFUR CRESTED TOO) is my angel the best bird ive ever seen he goes right to sleep -
ELIZABETH(UMBRELLA TOO) she screams her head off like shes dying for 10 min(more or less)

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
There's never an argument. As the sun sets, Coco lets me know it is time for her curtain to be closed, the music to be turned off (if it is on), and to be sure that there is ample dinner material for her to forage. She loves to have a last little snack before bed time! She goes to bed with the sun and gets up with the sun.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
All into their cages by 7.30pm and they are wheeled into their room after having clean bowls of water, covered for the night and off to sleep. We do not have another peep out of them until they are uncovered 8-12hrs later depending on what is going on.
Chaz our hybrid macaw is going through his hormonal stage and tries to defend his Greys before being told very sternly "bed" and he clambers onto my finger and into his cage. Dainty he is not! I tell him his his feet look like Cruella Devills from 101 Dalmations!
Jay our blue front grumbles under his breath and grizzles until the light goes out and then peace.
Leroy our Grey tells me how much she loves me and then says OK boys and no more.
Scooby our other Grey blows kisses and whistles.
Rambo just whistles for Steve and then goes quiet.

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Big bird gets anxious and wants to go to bed at around 8pm! Lucky I will put to bed at the same time, he will holler for awhile and then settle down. He would stay up as late as I would let him and is a verrrrry light sleeper.

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Most of mine, will go to bed well EXCEPT Bailey & Bubba, they put up a protest for about 10 minates, Bubba will run like crazy cage to cage, till I catch him, & Bailey I have to bribe her with a treat.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:hehe: All those different birdie bed time quirks crack me up! :rofl:

Ceddy decides it's bed time at sundown. However, to her that means fly up to her favourite spot on the curtain rod and if I put her in her cage instead she'll climb around and around and around (which she only ever does when she's very annoyed about being in the cage) :rolleyes:.

So I let her sleep on the curtain rod until I go to bed, then she's happy to step up on the T-stick without a fuss to be put in the cage where she settles right back to sleep after a quick head stroking and I tell her 'night night, I love you, see you in the morning'.

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
I try to have the girls back in their cage before ten pm. They usually start migrating to their Happy Hut within 20 minutes. When I'm ready to go upstairs for the night I close their doors on the cage. Sometimes Koi gets snippy and starts playing again. Sometimes Jak runs right over to the side I'm on and beaks the bar all puffed up for scritches. "no bed. scritches."
go to bed Jak. go to bed Koi. Night night girlses.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
They can be complete brats when it comes to bedtime sometimes, but other times they are fine. They however do scream/talk/chat for another 30 mins after they are put to bed.

HungryBird

The only reaction any of mine have is that Squeaky hisses when the lights go off. Every single time.

Crickets Mom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shelly Foss
If he doesn't want to go back to his cage, he starts his little conure fit. If he is already in his cage i tell him good night cricket and he is usually in his happy hut by then. He goes thru this goofy popping his head in and out, and quietly mumbleing. Green cheeks are weird little characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.