• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do your birds help you through the day?

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I have 2 great helpers.
First there's Frankie , mummy's main "helper" (ahem)
He likes to save me having to vacuum by shredding my carpet.
In his mind, i suppose if he does this kind gesture for me, I will stop vacuuming 5 times a day.
Then he helps me sweep by following very closely behind the broom as I'm sweeping, and flapping his wings, of course to move the dirt faster. He grabs the broom to let me know he can do a better job, so again, with this kind gesture mummy won't have to sweep 10 times a day.
Laundry time is great with my helper. He helps to load the clothes into the washer, and once done, he hears the beep and yells or screams for me to put the clothes in the dryer. Once done, he will throw me the laundry baket after he checks there's nothing in it. Everything has to checked by Frankie before it can go in the basket. He really likes to help with hubby's tshirts. As a matter of fact, just tonight he put one on and noticed Frankie had started his "special design" again. (Just a couple of nips here and there for effect, daddy.) "Oh, and those socks you don't like anymore, no worries, Frankie likes them, so they're his now".
He used to help me clean the fridge, but that resulted in too much food waste,once Frankie tasted a bit of this and that. All foods are bird safe, so no worries. :)
I will have to post how my little sweetheart Dolly helps me tomorrow.
It's late here.
Lets hear all about your helpers :)

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Something I often say to Ralph is "you're such a big help for such a little parrot." Among the many ways he helps me: when I need to take out his food dish to clean it and give him fresh food, Ralph will perch on it and refuse to move. And he always helps me by untying the laces on my moccasins, throwing pellets on the floor and pulling spoons out of the silverware drawer.

rabbitic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tommy (they/he)
lamarr loves to help me post! he's always jumping on my keyboard and pecking at the keys, and he loves hitting the like button for me when i scroll tiktok. he even will hit the enter key when i send messages before i'm really finished typing, presumably to help me prevent run-on sentences. what a sweetie!!

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
IMG_20230304_195831.jpg I help mom to lay the table. IMG_20230212_121203.jpg
Mom, why can't you keep the bed clean?? I need to work so much to keep it tidy. IMG-20221224-WA0025.jpg
I must help mom in knitting... IMG-20221224-WA0023.jpg
Just checking, is this loom ok?

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann