• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do your birds feel about the time change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
My guys are grumpy. I got bitten by everyone last night. Weird, out of the blue snaps.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Well I like it, and both birds have been fine with it.

I have been trying very hard to get them up as it's getting light and put them to bed right after dusk after I read about how their hormonal clocks are set by seasonal light.

So they're going to bed and getting up an hour earlier. It get's me into work earlier too, because I'm still operating on DST.

Ginger

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
My birds are OK with it. They have their overhead birdie lights on from 8am-7pm. And then they have the living room lights on which are a bit dimmer from 7pm-8pm. And then they go to bed. We open the huge window blinds (12ft long windowed area) and let the natural ligth in from 8am-4pm. So they are cut off from the natural light after 4pm.

My birds do ok :) I havent noticed any differences.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
I dont like it I get tired quicker.
Indy on the other hand seems to like it, hes up in the morning as usual, then he fall asleep when it gets dark at around 3.30 -4pm, then I open the door to his room when I get in at about 7 and he is up then until 10-11pm when I go to bed.

When its lighter he usually goes to bed around 8pm, and mummy likes it better that way:D

But he seems happy enough - hes on my head squeeking, asking me what Im doing and being a "zipper" right now.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Mine have also been seeming to want to go to bed a little earlier. That stinks for me, as I usually don't get home until about 6:30 or so on Mondays and Fridays, and last night when I came in it seemed like everyone was more interested in dinner and getting ready for bed then hanging out for a little bit. :(

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Mine couldn't care less. I don't think they even noticed.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Lucy is fine with it but I am not! It is now messing up my schedule with all of the animals since I knew when to go where by how light it was. And now I have to drive into the sun every morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.