• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do you threaten your birds?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
If you don’t threaten them, that’s cool.

But I definitely do :roflmao:

Most common go-to: Reminding them (usually Tteok) I know a number of ways to cook a chicken.

After that would be “I’ll throw your butt outside if you don’t knock it off.”

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Isadora might be learning the words “drama llama” with how often I tell her she’s being one :roflmao:
I love drama Llama;)

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jengo CAG....I tell her, if she's being nasty, that she won't get any pistachio nuts for a week. Always works.

Jasmine.... I/we just tell her to get her beak off my curtains. They look like swiss cheese anyway.

JaJaBinks (previous macaw)....I'd tell her I was going to get her butt feathers, which meat she was to get back on her cage & off the stand or out of the food jars. I'd give a upward swipe of her tail feathers. Working on the same with JaKhu.

JaKhu....if you break your cage you won't have any place to live.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Once made mine watch Masterchef contestants maul a pigeon breast on TV. They seemed entirely unmoved.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
"You can't sit with me if you're going to yell", is probably my harshest.
Perhaps, "he'll kick your a$$ if you're not careful", when Jericho is posturing aggressively at Oscar (who is 2x his size).

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
"You can't sit with me if you're going to yell", is probably my harshest.
Perhaps, "he'll kick your a$$ if you're not careful", when Jericho is posturing aggressively at Oscar (who is 2x his size).
Tteok got the same from me about Isadora earlier - she was eating and he decided to “man up” at her and I’m sitting there like “my dude, she’ll eat you and you’ll probably deserve it” as she’s stepping back from him wondering what his problem is.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
My mom threatens my dogs when they dont eat their breakfast in a timely manner ..."Youll not a a single bit more if you dont eat " They just look at her and snack for the rest of the morning it drives her crazy ;)

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I tell kiwi no more millet, she’ll usually stop :laugh:

If banana is misbehaving I usually tell her I ran out of chicken :muahaha: :roflmao:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
If Frankie is fussing for the point of fussing, I'll say "aww poor baby you must be tired" in a sweet voice followed by "stop it right now or you'll go beddie byes" in a harsher tone.
He gets it real quick and stops, so of course he get a pistachio nut for being good.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Dont remember if I threaten mine :huh:
I call them all sorts of names though, and the same name can also be used affectionately :roflmao:

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
When Ralph misbehaves I usually tell him I'm going to donate him to the zoo. If he gets persistently squawky I tell him I'm going to trade him in for a nice quiet bowl of goldfish. I used to tell George the YCA that I was going to make roast parrot for dinner if he didn't shape up. He would always laugh at me when I said that. :D

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Dont remember if I threaten mine :huh:
I call them all sorts of names though, and the same name can also be used affectionately :roflmao:
Oh, mine hear lots of… errr… “Colorful” names throughout the day, depending on what they’re getting into.

Or what they’re breaking :shifty: Isadora flung my phone off the table when I got up to pull a cake out of the oven. Cracked the screen protector and the thunk was hard enough to make my cake fall a bit. She got quite the earful.