• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do you post a thread on lost lovebird in the group?

Vogeln

Meeting neighbors
My lovebird baby flew away eventhough I clipped the wings. Its night time and I cant search for her since I cant see her... please help on how do I put a lost pet in the forum. I'm in NSW, Australia. The lovebird is a Cobalt Blue n white fisher lovebird.

Thanks

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Facebook and Parrot Alert are great places to start as well as any local bird watching groups or local bird clubs. Alert all your neighbours and put the cage outside where your bird can clearly see it. Play sounds you know the bird likes or is familiar with, other lovebird calls. You will want to be out searching first thing in the morning just before the sun comes up.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hopefully your bird has managed to find a safe high place to sleep for the night.
I am so sorry your bird is out there alone and you are dealing with this, clipped wings unfortunately give many people a false sense of security and most of the birds we hear of flying away are unfortunately clipped, clipping is not a guarantee your bird will not fly away.

How well can she fly? Can she get some height with this clip or can she fly any great distance?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This is the parrot alert thread.... ParrotAlert - Lost and Found Alerts
It is best ti register the bird as lost directly on their site; Lost and Found Parrots / Birds - Parrot / Bird Reporting and Alerting Register

Get your friends/family searching and posting on facebook and other social medias, while you go out and search. Get them to also call all vets within your area, even normal cat/dog ones, you can even drop an email to the local fire dep. and police station.
Like Shezbug said, leaving a recording playing and a cage out is a good idea, it is how my friend got her bird back.
Here is a video of some sounds you can use;

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The lovebird is a Cobalt Blue n white fisher lovebird.
Have you had this bird less than 2 weeks?
If so, you will need to be out looking, they do not really know what is familiar yet and unlikely to return of their own accord.
How old is this bird? You said ¨baby¨, is this actually a young bird or did you mean it as an endearing term?

Vogeln

Meeting neighbors
S
Have you had this bird less than 2 weeks?
If so, you will need to be out looking, they do not really know what is familiar yet and unlikely to return of their own accord.
How old is this bird? You said ¨baby¨, is this actually a young bird or did you mean it as an endearing term?
Shes around 2 months old...
Cant believe shes already good at flying even with the clipped wings.. its winter in Australia now.. and she still needs handfeeding. Had her for a month

Vogeln

Meeting neighbors
Hopefully your bird has managed to find a safe high place to sleep for the night.
I am so sorry your bird is out there alone and you are dealing with this, clipped wings unfortunately give many people a false sense of security and most of the birds we hear of flying away are unfortunately clipped, clipping is not a guarantee your bird will not fly away.

How well can she fly? Can she get some height with this clip or can she fly any great distance?
She never fly that high before, so it was unexpected at all.. because even my 4 months old peach faced lovebird can't fly as well as that.. she's learning well on how to fly.. too well...

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Are you out looking?
Have you got some people helping you doing the online stuff? Hvae you got others who can help with the search?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Here are some groups;

I think I saw your Parrotalert post too. If that is yours, great! At least if someone finds or spots your bird, they are already logged on the system.
You can copy the link to that report and paste it in the facebook groups to save time and to let others know you already reported.

Reactions: tka

Vogeln

Meeting neighbors
Yes I posted on parrotalerts.. hope someobe finds her.. looked for her but cant find her yet.. its not my neighbourhood as I took her out for a walk.. I reported to the police as well as the facebook group for the area... still waiting for approval to join the facebook group ypu gave the link.. Thanks for the help.. wish me luck.. I just hope she's fine.. so worried
Here are some groups;

I think I saw your Parrotalert post too. If that is yours, great! At least if someone finds or spots your bird, they are already logged on the system.
You can copy the link to that report and paste it in the facebook groups to save time and to let others know you already reported.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Any updates? Did you find her this morning?

Vogeln

Meeting neighbors
Haven't find her yet... posted in other facebook groups too.. hoping to hear from someone that they got her.. cant sleep at all last night..
Any updates? Did you find her this morning?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Are you in the area you lost her playing sounds, calling her, placing flyers about etc ? This is the best way to find her. If she doesn’t fly well she hopefully didn’t get too far away from the area you last saw her

Vogeln

Meeting neighbors
Are you in the area you lost her playing sounds, calling her, placing flyers about etc ? This is the best way to find her. If she doesn’t fly well she hopefully didn’t get too far away from the area you last saw her
Sadly I lost her not around my neighborhood. I posted on several facebook groups for lost pets on the area and asked some people I know around that area for help. Will work on flyers too. Thanks

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
So can you not go back to the place you lost her and start calling and searching? I personally can not imagine not going back to the same spot and starting the physical search. I just do not understand how you could have got her there yesterday but you can not get there today to call and look for this baby? She needs handfeeding and has clipped wings- the odds are stacked against her for survival even if she is found by a stranger who likely will not have the formula or even know she needs it etc. Why can you not go back to the area you lost her in instead of waiting and hoping for a stranger to find and return her?

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You owe it to your baby to go and search for her. This is a desperate situation, even for an adult bird, so that much more for a dependent baby. Nothing on earth could stop me in your situation. Go find her!