• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How Do You Guys Celebrate Halloween with Your Birds?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Hi everyone!

Halloween is coming in just a few hours, and soon enough we'll all be drowning in candy and treats. So since birds can't have candy, how do you guys celebrate with your flock? I figure millet is a given. This is gonna be my first Halloween with Chirp, so I'm looking for some ways to make it extra special! I'd love to hear what you guys do with your birds.

Happy Halloween!

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Close all the blinds and doors... Its too scary for us! :scared1:Its alright Pilo... the nasty boogie man isn't coming here tonight! :smuggrin:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I don't really do anything. In the past, for a few years, I would take a picture of the bird standing on a pumpkin, but haven't done so in 2-3 years now. No time and since we moved to the house, it's been trickier finding a spot that worked for that purpose.

I live on fairly buys street, and across the street is a school, so it limits how many kids actually come trick-or-treating - which, thankfully, means it's pretty easy going for the birds (no doorbell ringing, no loud unusual noises outside, no stress).

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The littles are covered early, as they get scared by all the commotion. Milton sits in his cage and says "HI" to the trick or treaters...:hween3:

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Pumpkin! Grumbles loves it- minus getting it all over himself. I also gave him nutri berries and some millet :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
As a Wicca style pagan, Halloween, or Sowen, is a MAJOR holiday. It is the equivalent of New Year's Eve and Day of the Dead for other religions. I just make extras of the cakes and beverage and allow the birds to share in the feast. I have always loved Halloween, even before I found my pagan spirituality. I had several Aunts on my mother's side who were/are kitchen witches while still being ardent Pentecost holy rollers. Worshiping the Earth as the Goddess, Gaia, does not in any way clash with any "book" religion. Most of my Wilson related aunts and cousins are Christians, but several have married and converted Jewish or to other pagan religions as well as observing the Goddess Gaia.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
. Worshiping the Earth as the Goddess, Gaia, does not in any way clash with any "book" religion.
In your opinion.

In mine, it is a major clash. Assuming by book religion you are referring to the Holy Bible. I say this not to be argumentative, as I enjoyed reading your post-- I said it because I know there are young people on the board and I don't want them confused.

Enjoy your Halloween! Pictures please!

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
My mom told me before we left for the weekend that she'd help me make pumpkin birdie bread for the three lil peepers. I think I'm going to take the birdies down to the basement so we can all watch all of the Halloweentown movies. (While ignoring the trick or treaters - most likely :lol:)
I also strung up little ghost shaped lights above/on the sides of their cage, and gave them little mini pumpkins to destroy.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
This is our FIRST year with Beaksey so we'll be looking to form a tradition. I like the Pumpkin birdie bread Idea and the taking a pic of the fid on the carved pumpkin idea.:birdance:

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
@Rolanda I'm going to end up doing three different kinds of birdie bread this season - pumpkin for Halloween, apple/other fruit for Thanksgiving, and a fruit bread (fruit cake) for Christmas. If I find any cool recipes I'll be sure to post them!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used to get a pumpkin and roast fresh pumpkin seeds but they wouldn't eat them so I don't do that any more. I am always tempted to buy the mini pumpkins and cook them but I have never done that.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella had her Halloween party on Saturday. She got to stay up late and play with a lot of people. Today, she is going to sit upstairs on her cage eating millet while I deal with the trick-or-treaters

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Man. I am feeling like the Grinch. We get NOOOO Halloween trick-or-treaters, and so we kinda don't celebrate at all. I never thought about the fids needing to celebrate.

Need to get with the program! :hehe:

Cricket (cocker spaniel) has an awesome Halloween costume, but she got spayed Friday and is strangely under the weather still.... so she won't be out begging for treats either.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Man. I am feeling like the Grinch. We get NOOOO Halloween trick-or-treaters, and so we kinda don't celebrate at all. I never thought about the fids needing to celebrate.

Need to get with the program! :hehe:

Cricket (cocker spaniel) has an awesome Halloween costume, but she got spayed Friday and is strangely under the weather still.... so she won't be out begging for treats either.
Hope Cricket feels better! :hug8: