• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do you deal with camera lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
I'm having the hardest time with lag in my camera. I seer a pose, click the button, and (what seems like forever) a second or 2 later it actually takes the pic - unfortunately I miss the "moment" I wanted to capture.

My mom told me that memory cards now have different speeds and that perhaps this is my problem? Anyone know anything about this?

Is there maybe a setting I could use that would help? I've tried the "sport" setting and the "kids and pets" setting with no luck...

My mom also suggested I try the multiple shots setting (where it takes like 3 shots in a row)

How do you all cope or do you try to get your birds to pose longer?

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Check your manual and see if you have an action setting. Also on mine when I lightly hold down the button to take the photo green squares pop up. If I wait for those and then click the shot, no lag time. But if I just simply click - lag time. If that make sense to you ~ I can show better than I can tell :)

hsmoscout

That's because your EasyShare is still focusing. To get rid of that lag, hold the button halfway down to have the camera focus, and then push all the way down. ;)

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
What A.J. says is true - I learned from taking pictures that were not all in focused because I was rushing to push to the button. I just got another digital camera for my birthday and it has a "sports" setting for action shots. So you might want to check to see if that's available on your camera.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Thanks everyone! And thanks AJ I'll have to try that if I see any good opportunities tonight!

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
This is one of the reasons why I :heart: my DSLR. There is virtually no shutter lag even when using autofocus.

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
When i take photos of my fids i sometimes will focus the camera on something the same distance away as they are, and then wait for a cute pose.

hsmoscout

When i take photos of my fids i sometimes will focus the camera on something the same distance away as they are, and then wait for a cute pose.
:omg: So that how you do it! I could never get that many cute GCC pics! :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.