• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how do i tame older cockatiels

alyssanor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
alyssa
how do i tame a girl and boy cockatiels , the male is 2 years old and the female is 4 years old , they are just 2 days new in my home.

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe this link will help;

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Instead of restating information and reposting links that have already been given, I will just say check out the cockatiel corner, and the training court section of this forum which has threads on taming new birds, or look back on some of your old threads which many people have responded to with links and personal experience on how to tame new birds. With untamed birds, it will take a lot of time and dedication, so be prepared to spend a lot of time with these new birds. Best of luck with the new cockatiels. By the way do they have names?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
They've only been with you for a few days. They need time to settle in. I suggest you take a look at the training section of the forum.

alyssanor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
alyssa
Instead of restating information and reposting links that have already been given, I will just say check out the cockatiel corner, and the training court section of this forum which has threads on taming new birds, or look back on some of your old threads which many people have responded to with links and personal experience on how to tame new birds. With untamed birds, it will take a lot of time and dedication, so be prepared to spend a lot of time with these new birds. Best of luck with the new cockatiels. By the way do they have names?
yes the girl is sugar and the male is mikey