• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How Destructive are your parrots..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

with their toys!!!!!!! :lol:

Do they chop everything to smithereens? Do they barely touch their wooden toys.? :(
Emma and Sachi like a bit of wood but not anything too thick or they lose interest. They don't seem to like working HARD to destroy. I really expected and thought they'd be more destructive but they really aren't.
How about your parrots?:hug8:What are their most prized toys?:dance4:

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
My ONLY super destructive bird is Summer.

Mia likes toys but she'll take a chunk or two out of them and then leave them alone. Makes it nice for rotating toys :)

Summer though... HOLY COW... I need more toys weekly!

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
Well Sam the U2, well make wood into toothpicks in a matter of a day or so to. If you give him the rope perches/toys, He has it down to the wire in a week maybe less.

Kiwi my severe. Likes those rawhide types, and takes her a month or so to demolish that. She likes the coconut toys, and plastics. It takes her longer to destroy though

Kira TAG, eh just just pushes things around...she will pick at the preening toys a bit, but doesnt ruin anything. She likes to forage.

Gabby, we are still learning with her, but so far she likes the noise makers, and swings. Loves the preening things you can pull apart and destroy. She likes those bucket toys too. But she doesnt *destroy* TOO much.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Jasper is my master of destruction. He loves to chew big blocks of wood or small. Tango prefers toys made with popsicle sticks and will destroy them in a day but if I give him something bigger he ignores it. The both love anything wicker. Toys made with munch balls are a favorite.

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
My black masked lovebird, Oreo is the most destructive bird we have. His cage is full of wooden stuff. Check it out... I buy little decorative wooden things at craft stores that are meant to be painted, Oreo loves them! He has a gingerbread man that is missing his arms, a jack o lantern that is missing its face, and a wreath that is chewed in half!

Attachments

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
haha, that is funny, Sherry! LOL! My conures chew anything, they prefer wooden blocks, and plastic things, as well as shredable things. The cockatiels prefer popstickle stick toys, and beads, as well as shreddable toys. Sammy prefers foot toys, and small wooden toys, the same toys as the cockatiels like.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mine are pretty destructive, they make sure everything is in tiny pieces and they aren't happy until they do so.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
All of the four parrots are (excuse the pun) ••••• cats besides Leroy.She does the damage of an army of destructive birds and gets away with it.
The others are tame in comparison, why is that?:rofl:

Holli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holli
My U2's go through the heavy wooded toys - one a week!

Everybirdie else is pretty good about playing nicely...lol:D

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
define tooth pic factory and you have mine

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Lucy gets tired with her wodden toys so for the first few hours she will go to town on it then she wont touch it. And all the toys that she isn't supposed to destroy like her foraginging toys she does.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Wesley and Chico are my big destroyers, I think I could build Wesley her own wooden house and she would have it torn down in two days, lol. Chico is not as bad, but he is pretty close behind her.

Harley will nibble at wooden toys, but he rarely actually chews them to bits.

Joey and the conures prefer shreddy toys or bird bagels, and Ernie would rather have a bunch of foraging toys to work on.

I buy Cosmo toys with the thought in mind that he likes to hang from them and climb all over them.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Chopper my CAG is super destructive...my mealy will quickly go through certain toys, and Nani my M2 will also go through chewing phases....

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
T&A destructive service at your disposal. Cheap!!! :D

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

with their toys!!!!!!! :lol:

Do they chop everything to smithereens? Do they barely touch their wooden toys.? :(
Emma and Sachi like a bit of wood but not anything too thick or they lose interest. They don't seem to like working HARD to destroy. I really expected and thought they'd be more destructive but they really aren't.
How about your parrots?:hug8:What are their most prized toys?:dance4:

I have small birds and so they are not destructive with anything other than their toys really. Chiquita, one of my budgies, is very shreddy and she will go through those types of toys including very soft wood really quickly. My tiels all love shreddy toys too but they last a while.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
What a nice thread! :)

Well the budgies- they only like mirrors, bells, some preening thingsm and the ends of twigs off of trees (I make my own branches).. but they go on and off between what they like. oh and loofas too!

The tiels like any soft woods- Balsa- destroyed in a day, popsickle sticks, sea grasses, coconut fibers, weaved bamboo, paper piniatas, wicker, and preening toys.

Sellie the conure only likes occasional small wood blocks (pretty rare though), and his favorite toy is his green rubber ball with a bell in the middle.. He talks and kisses it every morning! LOL

Meru LOVES small wooden beads/blocks nothing med or large size or he will ignore it. I'm still reading him though, so were still learning what he likes, hasn't shown much of a preferance for anything else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.