• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How dare you stop human!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
First time trying to add a video, so hopefully this works.

Another big step made with Slade. I haven't been petting him much just to give him his space. This was the other night however, and it's still happening daily so I think we may be pretty good now! I haven't worked on getting him to step up onto my hand yet, and haven't shouldered him, so those are the next few things I want to work on. I'm not too concerned if I can't ever do either though because he steps up beautifully onto his stick, it just would be nice to not have to need another device plus I would like to be able to take him out with me and I don't want to have to put him in a cage to do so (he would be in a harness if things go well). If the video doesn't work then I'll try to link it again another way!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He sure is enjoying that!:heart:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Such a sweet face!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
It's hard to believe that 2 weeks ago, before we got the bigger cage for him, that I couldn't even put my hand in his cage without risk of attack without moving him to another side of the cage and giving him a big treat. Now this! And the added bonus of being able to do daily tasks and not really worry that he's going to maul me.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Oh my goodness! He is so friggin' cute! :heart: