• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

How Can I Help This Bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Ughh...people..:( I sent an e-mail explaining that a bird doesn't even have to be bitten to die from a cat. I asked how bad is the foot. I asked if she would take him to the vet, but seeing the bird is posted on CL, that is unlikely.
HURT BIRDI need help.Aust/parokeet

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I'd be motre suspicious of a Raccoon take off the foot.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Hope someone is able to help the poor bird out.:(

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks Gary, Susanne & Susan. Poor bird.:(:( I haven't received any reply.

WingedVictory

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Here is the response to the CL ad:

"no ...I dont trust vets they just want your money .....bird has no indication of blood ...I think he just flew into the cage injurying him self,thanks for your concern"

gary

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Here is the response to the CL ad:

"no ...I dont trust vets they just want your money .....bird has no indication of blood ...I think he just flew into the cage injurying him self,thanks for your concern"

gary
------------------------------------------

LOL...there is a breeder in Miami with the same attitude, and last year posted on CL that she was giving away 3 baby tiels that had lock-jaw for free if the person would take them to a vet. She was capable of doing this but had the same comments on vets.

IMHO this is reckless disregard for the bird, and also for the next person that assumes a bird that has a potential problem.

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Seems they were more worried they spent $200 than that the dog died!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The reply they sent me~
"If i could aford that ,i would ,I think the bird injured itself mainy .thanks for your concern"

Odd they told you they do not trust vets, and told me they couldn't afford it.
This was the message I sent~
"I am so very sorry that your bird was attacked by a cat. Unfortunately, most birds that a cat even touches, they do not have to bite, will die. It's because cats posess a bacteria called Pasteurella. Can you get your bird to an certified avian vet? Dr. Diaz at Lake Howell Animal clinic in Maitland is the one I trust for my birds. I recommend you put the bird in a hospital cage or tank, put a heat source nearby like a light or heating pad to keep him warm.
> If you need more info let me know. How bad is the foot?"
>

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I sent another e-mail, and offered to take him to my CAV. He sent his ph# and I just spoke with him. He is going to let me take him. :) He says he doesn't see an injury, but the bird favors the leg. I just have to wait for my dryer to be delivered from Home Depot today, then I can either go and get him today or tomorrow. Of course Troy does not know...yikes..I hope he doesn't become angry.:o:
I just want the bird to have a chance, then I can find a good home for him.
This guy told me he is in construction and poor right now. He doesn't even have heat. I asked if the cage was nice, and maybe he could post it up on CL to get his money back.{in the e-mail he told me he paid $100 for him, but just wanted him to have a good home.} He said he actually had two cages, and maybe he would get another bird some day..*sigh*
He said he had received many e-mails, but I was the only one who offered to take him to the vet.

Last edited:

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
...this schmuck is why I stay far away from craigslist..... I believe that I have lost all my tolerance for this sort of nonsense.

"My pet is hurt, I think ill make a post on craigslist".... :mad:

Poor Bird.

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
I sent another e-mail, and offered to take him to my CAV. He sent his ph# and I just spoke with him. He is going to let me take him. :) He says he doesn't see an injury, but the bird favors the leg. I just have to wait for my dryer to be delivered from Home Depot today, then I can either go and get him today or tomorrow. Of course Troy does not know...yikes..I hope he doesn't become angry.:o:
I just want the bird to have a chance, then I can find a good home for him.
This guy told me he is in construction and poor right now. He doesn't even have heat. I asked if the cage was nice, and maybe he could post it up on CL to get his money back.{in the e-mail he told me he paid $100 for him, but just wanted him to have a good home.} He said he actually had two cages, and maybe he would get another bird some day..*sigh*
He said he had received many e-mails, but I was the only one who offered to take him to the vet.
I'm so happy to hear you were able to help.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He also started to tell me a bit of his history. The bird has been passed around, was originally found loose, then a friend they call 'Nutty' had him and may have abused him.:(:(

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Glad to hear the bird is going to end up in your loving caring hands.

southernbirds

I hope you are not going over there by yourself! Please be careful, Carole.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Done and back..OMG what a mess. I do not have much time right now, but need all the help and prayers I can get. He is absolutely a gorgeous red/blue Rosella is my guess. He is very weak, cannot walk. I am thinking broken leg. I have to run right now to set him up a hospital tank, and I know Troy will be calling very soon for me to pick him up from the truck. I stopped and got some abba keet seed, probiotics,and a cuttlebone. Any and all help greatly appreciated. Gary, I could sure use your ph # again. Thanks everyone. I will be back asap.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Ok..I have to run and get Troy, but here's a quick update.
I spoke with BF quickly, with her help I set him up in a tank, with towels, heat pad, and food. He's STARVING!{the guy had sunflower seeds and cheerios in his bowl} So he's eating, that is great. BF told me to get pedialite, and by my description she says he's a Crimson Rosella. I have to go..I'm sorry, I will be back on as soon as I can, and answer pm's. Thank you all!!!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.