• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How can I clean my tiels cage without scaring them

airriana c

Moving in
Real Name
airriana chitwood
I have two tiels and I hate to scare them. they are comfortable with me but not my hands. Unless I am feeding them millet.
Now, I need to clean they're cage which will cause me to have to force them in another cage but I'm so terrified to cause them to be afraid of me even more. Making the taming process all the more harder. I don't know what to do, and I'm so so stressed out..

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Do they have to go into another cage? Do they come out of the cage on their own? Can you let them come out in a small room while you clean their cages? I do that with my fosters that I currently have. They hang out in the "bird room" with the door shut while I clean cages. (And welcome to the forum.)

airriana c

Moving in
Real Name
airriana chitwood
no they don't come out on their own, i would have to catch them if they did because they wouldn't step on my finger or anything, they are still afraid of me if I put my hand in the cage or something like that. It would be so stressful for them.