• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How are your 'toos with other 'toos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Im not sure how Isis would react around another too?? She has been around other birds and well she acts like they are not there??? Like they are NOT HER! lol On the other hand if I show attention to another bird or too I dont think they would be very happy.:o:

Last edited:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Ok, Barb, come on over with Isis and let's see how the girls play! lol I often wonder how Nani would do....we did have another Too (U) visitor when she was about two and she was pretty good....more interested in the person visitor versus the winged one! lol

She is the same here too...ignores the other birds as if they aren't even here...it's all about her!

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
my lesser too is a female and she will try to get any bird she can my U2 is a male he loves all birds even teils he is so gentle...but he can be a buger to people my blk palm is a female she is very indeferent to other birds..but loves to fly over top of them and scare them especially my rosie who is a male he is verry sweet but dosent trust other birds

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I can see how a Black Palm might intimidate others......that BEAK!!!

Have you posted pics yet??

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
You got it leslie Isis and I would love a road trip to come see you all when the weather gets warmer!!!:highfive:

Y
Ok, Barb, come on over with Isis and let's see how the girls play! lol I often wonder how Nani would do....we did have another Too (U) visitor when she was about two and she was pretty good....more interested in the person visitor versus the winged one! lol

She is the same here too...ignores the other birds as if they aren't even here...it's all about her!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Wesley is aggressive to all my other birds, so I am almost certain that she would be just as nasty to another cockatoo.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Funny how the female TOOs seem to be the meanest when it comes to other birds and the big bad males just want to make friends!!! So odd. :)

B

Beatriz Cazeneuve

I have two U2s and they share the birdroom with the other birds without a single problem, they are even careful of not stepping on the budgies they share their dish with. But, come breeding season, Coco will attack any bird that gets close to their nest and, because all my birds are flighted, they get away easily. But I still worry so I am getting a large double cage for them (arriving the weekend after Thanksgiving, as a matter of fact) and I will keep them in it when they are nesting. It's no real hardship for them because, when they are breeding, they just stay in the nest all the time and only come out to eat and drink for a few minutes and back inside they go.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Moby seems a bit upset when he met Bokka and Opa. He quickly calmed down. But for a good hour, all he wanted to do was dive bomb them (he is clipped, so he is jumping off the cage, coach,etc, to try and get them). I had him in my lap for over an hour, and Bokka and Opa on my shoulders. Bokka is like "whats your problem?" Opa's like "Who's he?" And Moby's like "Lemme at'em! Lemme at'em!". If he was a dog, he'd be foaming at the mouth.:hehe: So I just had him on my lap, and didnt allow any lunging or anything (I dont think misplaced aggression on my chest wouldve been nice...), and he calmed down VERY quickly. He hasnt tried to do any dive bombing or lungings at them since. But he does look at them cross eyed and raises his nose to their presence. I think I have a prince on my hands! LOL.

From the challenge calls he gave Bokka and Opa, it really makes me think he was wild caught. He has a wild caught personality, compared to "domestically raised", but "tamed". When he was diaplaying and "dancing" to Bokka and Opa and doing a challenge scream, it really does make me think "wildcaught?".

When I brought Bokka and Opa over Saturday, and Sunday, and Moneday, although Moby was calming down to their presence, he'd still try to sneak by them (walk very slowly) and then pull Mr. Macho man aggro on them. :rolleyes: But he is getting used to them, thank God :D:hug8: I dont tolerate aggression when it comes to my umbies interacting with one another. If they cant get along (or atleast tolerate eachother's presence), so Help me God! lol.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Most of the 'toos get along fine at the rescue. We have had several interspecies relationships, including a BE2/U2, LSC2/U2, and G2/U2. There is one U2 who would seriously injure, if not kill any other bird if he got the chance, so we have to keep on top of him all the time, and not have him out with other birds. The M2s usually don't want to have much to do with other birds, but aren't aggressive either. There are 2 male M2s that are pretty bonded, we do not house them together though. And one M2 is in love with all macaws and tries to make friends with them.

Last edited:

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
Scout, my G2 will turn his back to and ignore other birds. He was near a M2 last week and he looked at him then turned right around. Scout really doesn't think he's the same as they are.

Abby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Apart from the 2 pairs my guys don't actually hang out together. Kirri (GSC2) has the galah pair in the aviary next to her. She did try the intimidation tactics when they first moved in got screamed at through the wire by the male and now it's a live and let live attitude between them.

Arora has tried to take on my grey because she wanted a particular perch spot he was sitting on. Took her a good 5 minutes to work out he wasn't going to give in.

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
I was at a place that has other birds, and Chewy started to preen one bird, only bird he has ever been nice too. This bird Freaked!! Flew away and landed on a mean Amazon's cage. The amazon and him were good friends though.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
My 'toos are NOT good with each other. Spike taunts Chewy; Chewy taunts Spike:rolleyes: They're not allowed to interact.

CJS

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Caroline
Hi all,

I am new to the site and this is my first post. Still getting the hang of the forum...

I have two females that usually love company of other toos. But they both react differently when they see a new too. One is overbearing with love and usually offends the new too...lol. The other is cautiously curious and will go close to the new too, give the once over and talk. I have not witnessed agression or posturing, but every encounter is outside of thier home, which could make the difference.

One of the best meetings they had was with a 6 month old umbie...it was a three day love fest by all three! He was under thier wings the whole time!

CJS

Real Name
Caroline
Thank you, Titanis!:D

CJS

Real Name
Caroline
Thank you hsmoscout!

Status
Not open for further replies.