• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How are your 'toos with other 'toos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
My Umbies always get along good when they are ON me, but once on their own territory (cage, playstands) they can be snipey with one another and sometimes aggressive. Reo and Louie have actually gotten into a beak fight before, when they werein the cage. Which told me that they could never be caged together, and I never did cage my 'toos together when I was gone(trouble waiting to happen).

Bokka(U2) gets along with everybody, especially Beeba, the only female. He isnt ever snipey with her, but he can be with the other males. Bokka likes to monitor the other 'toos when they are under HIS blankets. He comes and greets them when they entered the blanket, and he'd show them "around" and when the next 'too came in, he'd greet him too.

Opa(U2) is lovable and huggable to everyone. And wants to preen and love up to any of the other male 'toos. He LOVES Beeba! Got along VERY well with the other boys under the blanket when we did cuddle time.

Reo(U2) is a bit "skittish" of the other 'toos. Except for the one beak wars he had with Louie, he avoids confrontation. Was a bit nervous of cuddling with the other 3 boys, when under the blanket.

Louie(U2). Mr MACHO man! Gosh I love Louie. He is so funny. He gets along with Bokka 100% fine. He doesnt like Opa too much and would chase him away from him if Opa came too close. He didnt like Reo too much, but didnt really care for him either. Louie got along with the other 'toos very well, when we all cuddleed (yes all 4 of us) under the blankets

Beeba(M2) only TOLERATED my 'toos. She didnt mind them, but she didnt care for them. I believe OPA is the only one she liked. She would cuddle with him under the blankets, but outside the blankets, she didnt care for him. Bokka she was OK with too. She didnt mind Reo or Louie, but again, she doesnt care for the other 'toos. When she didnt like the boys near her or her territory (which is in my mom's room), she would pase back and forth, or scream. The little Diva.. cant share.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
i don't really know...she has never been around others.

When we got her she had her brother...but then he went to another home.....

She hasn't been around another since....I think it would make me nervous. lol

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
NOT GOOD!
I already have had holes in beaks repaired just from one Too, U2, that was out, going to another Too's U2, cage and biting through the bars....
Peaches, M2, want nothing more than to get to Ziggy, SCT, to do what ever and it's not being nice....Ziggy goes straight to the bottom of his cage and stays in the middle!
Have to be with who ever is out and making sure you can step in on a split second!:(

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
That is scary Betty...that is why Nani is good on her own...I couldn't imagine anything happening to her....

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Very interesting character analysis of your toos, Mercedez. If anything it goes to show that each bird is a true individual even if we compare within the same species. :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I loved the dynamics of my U2 male "flock". They were easy going, hormonal, feisty, lovie-dovie, fun, boisterous, voiceful, everything. lol.

BF - Ive always wondered what it would be like, for my male U2 "flock", how they'd react to another species of cockatoo (well excluding Beeba the M2 duck-butt). I wonder how Bokka would get along with a G2 or how any of my 'toos would, or with any other specie of 'too. It just makes me wonder.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Honestly, I think my boys would get along with any other U2. lol. They were so great with eachother.:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
It sounds like you really miss them a lot, Mercedez. :hug2:

Oh you betchya. I see them all the time though. I just gotta keep telling myself; Once my aviary is up, my boys will be back with me :):hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
My Umbies always get along good when they are ON me, but once on their own territory (cage, playstands) they can be snipey with one another and sometimes aggressive. Reo and Louie have actually gotten into a beak fight before, when they werein the cage. Which told me that they could never be caged together, and I never did cage my 'toos together when I was gone(trouble waiting to happen).
That's T&A. When we are a threesome we are all very nice to each. Once I leave them alone they are not as nice to each other and love to squabble at each other. Or should I say Amanda squabbles and Tika just takes it. I think he would get along with any TOO "now" also.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Elima (C2) wants to kill Topper (C2) and Topper wants nothing to do with Elima (naturally) and books it whenever she thinks Elima is a bit too close. Topper I think knows Elima is responsible for her being a 7 toed wonder now and doesn't want to be a 6 toed wonder like Elima. :)

They are better about just ignoring each other but I have to give them each their own time with me and never together. I also keep Elima clipped. Not by choice but mainly for Topper's safety since Topper would not be able to escape a flighted attackatoo. I was hoping they would be friends but they basically act as if the other one doesn't exist unless one gets too close to the other.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Jaden met his first other Goffins at a bird store here while he was waiting to get his nails done. He FREAKED. He clung to me and looked at me like "mom WTH IS THAT?!" I was tempted to show him the mirror, but i dont think he wouldve believed it. After all, hes a human right? ;)

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
This is a good question, Mercedez.

I don't have the whole history of The G2s. I have been lead to believe that 5yr old Zazu was introduced to 9yr old Anu as a chick and that they have always inhabited the same cage.

Anu is the Alpha male. Zazu is the spoiled brat. Anu definitely mother's Zazu: feeds him, allows him to steal toys from him, etc.

Zazu would like to play rough; Anu will hide from Zazu when he gets too wild.

Sometimes Zazu gets too aggressive; I am never sure if I should step in; or let them work it out themselves.

They are mostly cageless; so attempting to keep them separate is problematic.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
mine have do not Little General goes after Percy and Percy flies away so I let them out at different times 3am to 8am is Little Generals time after 8 is everyone elses

wolfysluv

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
rebecca stout
I would love to know. I just know that I"m not lettin' Tika around Solo for one ••••••• minute. She's bad enough without her older "brother" teaching her new tricks. I'd like her to meet Jaden in hopes that some of him will rub off on her.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I never let my Too's play together. Marie is way too big for Dino and Dino is very territorial. I will not take the change of them being injured. Marie has flown on Dino's cage or Dino may fly on Maries cage but I am always right there in the blink of an eye and get them off before anything could potentially happen. Especially with them being rescues and some of them have been housed with birds they didn't know; they are sometimes afraid of aggressive to other birds.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I"m not lettin' Tika around Solo for one ••••••• minute.
:hehe:

I took Solo to the rescue when I was looking to add another Too, holy moly he had every U2 and M2 that was a potential housemate screaming and hiding from him. This little BE2 had the BIG guys trembling. It was a nuetral room at the rescue, he still doesn't like the thought of sharing. At our house.....it's like Ultimate Fighter none of the Toos like one another.:(

M

M.C Bird Rescue

:hehe:

I took Solo to the rescue when I was looking to add another Too, holy moly he had every U2 and M2 that was a potential housemate screaming and hiding from him. This little BE2 had the BIG guys trembling. It was a nuetral room at the rescue, he still doesn't like the thought of sharing. At our house.....it's like Ultimate Fighter none of the Toos like one another.:(

:omg: That was the funniest statement! It is like ultimate fighter here with different weight classes! hahahaha. The Plets hate the IRN, The Grey hates the IRN, The iRN wants to make friends..but everyone says NO! The cockatoo hates the quakers, the quakers hate each other, the tiels dont care. hahahahah....seriousl;y...If I was out of the room I wonder who would survive. They ALL get seperate out of cage time per room. So..Tiki..then Alex and Rico..an Lola is in the front room..BUT moving soon.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Birds are no joke, they have serious ideas about who they want as pals and who they don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.