• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How’s my cage setup?

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Hi, I’m looking for constructive criticism on my budgies cage setup. I am going to get some more toys as soon as the ones I want are back in stock. If there’s anything I should add/change/remove please let me know!
16A0469B-988F-4B11-AF05-4DA00010BD25.jpeg A66D129F-EAAB-42EF-A2C6-05F615433C97.jpeg 6176F080-5092-4B35-B3B7-9A56C65B67BB.jpeg
Thanks!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Looks pretty good to me. A few more natural perches may fit. Why are the feed dishes so far apart?

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Looks pretty good to me. A few more natural perches may fit. Why are the feed dishes so far apart?
Thanks! I am hoping to get another couple also when I order toys. That’s just where the feeder doors are on the cage, should they be closer?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I think the food and water dishes are best to put near each other mid way up. Just the way I did it. You do it how you like it.

Oscarbird

Are the clappers on the inside of the bells welded? Sometimes they can come out if they are not welded inside and the metal can be sharp. Other than that, your cage looks fantastic!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Unless bells in a bird cage are stainless steel I think they should be removed. I believe our vendors sell ss bells.

Oscarbird

Unless bells in a bird cage are stainless steel I think they should be removed. I believe our vendors sell ss bells.
Yes, I forgot to mention that! It is better to be safe and overly protective than sorry. :lol:

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Are the clappers on the inside of the bells welded? Sometimes they can come out if they are not welded inside and the metal can be sharp. Other than that, your cage looks fantastic!
I’m not sure, I can check.
The one toy is by Super Bird Creations, so I’m pretty sure it’s safe. The other one I’m not sure. Is there any way to tell if it’s stainless steel?

Gypsy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
I didn't see a cuttle bone. Are they even necessary anymore with pelleted food? It has been forever since I had one of these birds. I would put all the food dishes up top so no droppings fall into it and stagger all toys or perches so that if a bird sits on it and they poo, the poo doesn't land on another toy or perch.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would try and get a perch that runs from side to side :) I have one of these, will last a long, long time!

I didn't see a cuttle bone. Are they even necessary anymore with pelleted food? It has been forever since I had one of these birds. I would put all the food dishes up top so no droppings fall into it and stagger all toys or perches so that if a bird sits on it and they poo, the poo doesn't land on another toy or perch.
Cuttle bone is not necessary :)

Stainless steel is 100% non magnetic. :)
Nickel plated bells are also safe, and are magnetic.

Super Bird Creations uses Nickel Plated bells. Bells can be dangerous if they are able to remove the clapper. Some birds don't mess with them, others do. So you will need to monitor for their play style.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I like the watermelon perch. I think you have more room for toys too, especially shiny ones.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Looks really good. I would just add tons of more toys. I love having a cage full of toys that they can destroy, chew and bang around. I usually hit stores (physical and online) and buy out their clearance items since I have quite a few birds.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Some birds do get overwhelmed with too many toys in their cage, so I would have more on hand to swap in, but you don't necessarily need to stuff the cage ;)

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
There is a cuttle bone. The food dishes are placed so that no poo gets n them. Thank you.

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
I would try and get a perch that runs from side to side :) I have one of these, will last a long, long time!

Seriously Nutz - Birch Perches *Custom Size* - Custom Length Bird Perches for Aviaries and Cages. 12-72" Long
Ok! That one looks awesome, but I’m in Canada and there might be import fees, but I’ll look into them.
Super Bird Creations uses Nickel Plated bells. Bells can be dangerous if they are able to remove the clapper. Some birds don't mess with them, others do. So you will need to monitor for their play style.
Ok. She likes shaking and rattling the bells, but she never messes with the clappers.
Thanks!

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
I like the watermelon perch. I think you have more room for toys too, especially shiny ones.
So does she! Yeah, I think so to, I’m going to order more soon. Thanks.